Badger5Volks Autos
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: My 2011 Exclusive Suzuka Grey S3 SB BE

Neutral

Status
    PING!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the sound of the elastic on my knickers disintegrating and flying across the room after seeing those pictures and reading your spec.
    It's just simply stunningly beautiful........congratulations (I'm a bit late with this-sorry!) and I hope it brings you much happiness!
    Love the bucket seats...(I'm thinking Darth Vader here for some reason!)

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Easy tiger!

Thanks for the kind words! A long time coming, but got there in the end!
    2011 S3 Sportback Black Edition - Exclusive Suzuka Grey

Opensky | Buckets | Comfort Pack | Extended Leather Pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Rear and Side Sun Blinds

Mods - RS3 Diffuser | H&R 10/12mm Spacers | Philips CV fogs | Full Interior LED Bulbs | Polarg Number plate Bulbs | Gloss Black Front Splitter

Mods to come - RS3 grille | Supersprint Dual Exhaust

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by molly s3 View Post
    PING!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the sound of the elastic on my knickers disintegrating and flying across the room after seeing those pictures and reading your spec.
    We have plenty photos of the car, but no photos of this heheee

1st Gear

Status
    Philips diamond visions turned up today. A job for the weekend me thinks!

Opensky | Buckets | Comfort Pack | Extended Leather Pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Rear and Side Sun Blinds

Mods - RS3 Diffuser | H&R 10/12mm Spacers | Philips CV fogs | Full Interior LED Bulbs | Polarg Number plate Bulbs | Gloss Black Front Splitter

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdee View Post

And one with todays new mod - Philips Crystal Vision fogs

Virdee,

Mate, fogs look wicked. Have you got a link to where you got them from?

Cheers, Kirit
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

1st Gear

Status
    I got mine from here. Speak to Janet and tell her virdee with the S3 sent you.

Car Bulbs | Motorcycle Bulbs | Car Light Bulbs | Philips bulbs

1st Gear

Status
    So its been a while since this was updated!!!!

Few things done which don't really need pics, as there's plenty on here for the mods.

Fitted my Polarg bulbs for the number plate. Pretty happy, and think the best it's going to be for the moment!

Second was the replacement of the Philips Crystal Vision fog lamp bulbs to GP Thunder 7500K bulbs from USA! Pretty good, but still don't think they match the DRL's the way I want. So few days after I ordered Philips Crystal Visions, which I hope will be "the" ones! Expensive exercise!!!!

Managed to get hold of OEM LED interior lights. Will be replacing the whole ILP, boot light and glovebox light with these. I've bought the repair wires and plug housings, as these have different plug housings. This way there won't be no cutting. Make an adapter wire, which fits between the car loom and new LED lamp.

Also bought a new front splitter, and had it painted gloss black.

Given the car Werkstatt going over, and makes cleaning a breeze, which is much needed in this weather!

And the piece de resistance for me; RS3 rear diffuser!

Bought this new from Audi - stupid price but had to be done! I originally wanted to paint my original rear diffuser gloss black. But when I saw the RS3 came like this from the factory, I had to have it!

After much reading, and trying to gather as much info as possible, I was literally on my own! Could find no info/pics, only thing was could fit S3 SB with mods, albeit most of the times in German!!!!

Bit the bullet, paid close to £190 for it, and set about fitting it! Does fit but with a fair few mods! Its definitely not a plug and play item as it leads you to believe!

I'll let the pics do the talking!

The culprit!

Looks near enough exactly the same - not!

Here you can see the RS3 one doesn't have any clips towards the bottom edge. Instead has two fixing points.

The car without its underwear

And the finished article

My best mod to date - absolutely love it. Totally transforms the rear end!

Bring on the grille now!!!!
    Paullie likes this.

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Splitter and diffuser should be black on BEs anyway (in light colours at least). RS3 is a step up though, very nice additions!
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

5th Gear

Status
    enough said

1st Gear

Status
    Absolutely gorgeous. I love the extended leather trim.

5th Gear

Status
    tail tips next?:D
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

1st Gear

Status
    We will see what's next.

I can't see a way of using dual tips with the RS3 diffuser. It's a really tricky situation.

Want to do the grille next really. But mega ££££!

Banana Menace!

Status
    Wow, the RS3 diffuser is STUNNING!!! Breathtakingly beautiful car, ..that is all! xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Looks awesome!!! Can you explain how the rear diffuser comes off? Do you need to remove the rear bumper? I'm thinking of removing mine to CF wrap it. Thanks!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

I just love the diffuser, so finishes off the back.

Silky - removing the rear diffuser is a piece of cake. I had read on here that MY11 cars didn't have a seperate diffuser. And I was sort of ****in myself! But it's very simple.

Basically there are two T25 Torx screws each side at the bottom. And then the easiest way I found was to remove/unclip the tow hook cover and start on the right hand side by unclipping it off.

Going by past VAG cars I thought it would be the same; very hard and unachievable without removing the rear bumper. But this one, once ou started was very easy. There are a row of clips at the top edge of the diffuser and another at the bottom. Just start on the RHS and work your way across.

HTH.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

I just love the diffuser, so finishes off the back.

Silky - removing the rear diffuser is a piece of cake. I had read on here that MY11 cars didn't have a seperate diffuser. And I was sort of ****in myself! But it's very simple.

Basically there are two T25 Torx screws each side at the bottom. And then the easiest way I found was to remove/unclip the tow hook cover and start on the right hand side by unclipping it off.

Going by past VAG cars I thought it would be the same; very hard and unachievable without removing the rear bumper. But this one, once ou started was very easy. There are a row of clips at the top edge of the diffuser and another at the bottom. Just start on the RHS and work your way across.

HTH.
    Great, thanks very much! I'm going to wrap both the front and back diffuser in carbon fibre. If it looks half as good as yours I'll be happy

Are you going to paint the front one black to match?
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    Done already!

That happened a few weeks back. Bought a new splitter from Audi and had it done.

I want to retain all my original parts, for when I sell!

English...not so good

Status
    Nice car, no carpet?

1st Gear

Status
    No carpet?

2nd Gear

Status
    Loving the new rear end look Virdee, any tuning plans coming?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Cool, you got any pics mate? How much was new one from Audi, and how much did you pay for painting? If I dont like the wrap, thinking I might go down the gloss black route.

Done already!

That happened a few weeks back. Bought a new splitter from Audi and had it done.

I want to retain all my original parts, for when I sell!

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    Nothing planned as yet. Will see once I've finished a few more mods.

Gears of War

Status
    yes... read this entire thread. Waiting for the grille!
    "Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

5th Gear

Status
    2nd favourite SB on the board, very nice and well executed small changes that have made a HUGE difference

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers guys!

Grille will be the final piece for a while.

Want to get 19s but really like the BE wheels.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    2nd favourite SB on the board, very nice and well executed small changes that have made a HUGE difference
    Curiously, what's the first Fav SB?
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

1st Gear

Status
    This maybe up for sale sale now. PM if your interested. Serious enquiries only please!

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry to hear your thinking of selling, what you after next?

1st Gear

Status
    what a car mate love the colour, are they seats the rs4 ones? looks amazing!

2nd Gear

Status
    Did this car get sold? What do you have now
    Ice Silver Audi S3 (8P3) https://www.facebook.com/benjamin.n.long

1st Gear

Status
    Yes similar bucket seats to the RS4

And no still got it ATM.

2nd Gear

Status
    What you got? Did you find a RS3 or change your mind?

VAG Junkie

Status
    Absolutely stunning mate, nice work
    Current - Ibis White S3 with added LOBA,Sachs,AutoTech,Custom Map,Recaro,ITG,Eibach,3SDM,Milltek flavourings.
    Ex Ibiza Cupra R, Mk1 Leon Cupra R, Mk V Golf GTi, Mk2 Leon Cupra K1 and B7 Audi RS4 Owner!

1st Gear

Status
    ATM doesn't make sense to get an RS3. Plus I think there are better cars out there even in the Audi range for similar money.

So for the moment it's still with me!

2nd Gear

Status
    Fair play mate, hope your ok and still enjoying the S3.

1st Gear

Status
    Now for sale. PM me for further info

Currently stands at 3k mileage!

Also now has the RS3 grille

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123