Audi a3 2.0 tdi 2004 8p coding xenon headlights

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have recently purchased a set of genuine xenons, the standard xenons which were 2004-2005 i think, they are plug and play. I have VAG COM full licence and just wondered how i get them to work? How di code them to the car. Before anybody asks, i am not doing this half heartidly, i have bought the headlight washer jet system and the auto levelling kit and im getting it fitted, the car is currently off the road and i want to get the xenons plugged in and working. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me with this.

Cheers
Chris

They should work soon as you plug them in but will just have an error on the saying bulbs out. Haven't a clue with vag com but I think it just says xenons somewhere and you can just turn it on..

go to 09, CE module, and check on byte 21. you will find a drop down box in there and just choose which type of xenons you are fitting. for the audi leveling and washer jets i am not sure if there is separate coding.

Hope this helps to get them running.

Fair bit of wiring involved in fitting those systems properly, so if you get stuck, give me a shout as I offer these services.

Cheers guys, manged to get the coding sorted. Is there a setting to adjust the level at which the xenons sit? Can you use vagcom to move them up and down etc? Also i have bought a second hand set of washer jets along with all the pipework. What ecactly is involved with fitting the jets? Is there wiring invlolved or is it pure pressure from the water jets that sends them popping out of the bumper and spraying the headlights?

Its wiring, piping, relays, water pump, connectors & fair bit of wiring for the levelling system, its not a job for the faint hearted put it that way.

There are hand turned screws, but if fitting levelling system you have to code 1st then adjust manually & then decode, there's a process to follow or they will be wrongly positioned.