Cruise control in Scotland?

Mji

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm picking up my new 2009 S3 tomorrow and unfortunately the original owner neglected to tick the cruise control option box for some reason^^.

I see a few people on the forum offer the upgrade/retrofit (for what seems like a fantastic deal) but you are all based miles away^. Does anyone do this in Scotland? Glasgow specifically?

Cheers for any replies

Michael

Give jb0o, a fellow member a PM mate. He is in Hartlepool. He is a retrofitter. He may do the job but will obviously charge for his travel and diesel. It may work out a little bit cheaper if you meet him half way.
His name is Johnny, and is a top bloke. Many on here no him.

I too have the same problem. Keen to get retro-fitted in Scotland. Was offshore when the last group buy was taking place :-(

I'm able to code it if you guys fit it yourself.

It's quite easy to do.

I'm able to code it if you guys fit it yourself.

It's quite easy to do.

Me too, IIRC when doing the hardest part was removing the steering module as it was tight but fairly straightforward otherwards. I also had the fin of wiring in the extra wire to the ECU but with your age of car you wont have that fun LOL

Hi there (to jb0o in particular),

apparently i cant reply to your PM you until i have done 15 posts so replying here instead. :)

Id be delighted to pay the amount you mentioned in PM, ideally splitting the expenses with the other interested guy near here if thats possible/hes still interested. hopefully we can arrange a time/place sometime soon.

Regards

Michael

I'm from along in fife, but I also could be intrested in getting cruise control retrofitted. jb0o, would you be willing to do a 3rd car? Could you let me know prices?

The more cars the cheaper it will be! Will need to see how many cars jb0o can do.

No one else up for this? I'll get it started then-

1 - Crunchie - S3 8P3 - Anywhere central belt & north.

No one else up for this? I'll get it started then-

1 - Crunchie - S3 8P3 - Anywhere central belt & north

2 - Mji - S3 2009 but prefacelift - Glasgow area

What about Starperformance in Kirkcaldy? They used to retrofit cruise to VW, but not sure now.