DUAL ZONE AIR CON - HELP REQ

RallyX

Flat Out
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Gents and Lasses.
I have a problem with my wifes A3 Dual Zone Air Con. Was driving it today for the first time in about 6 weeks and noticed that the passenger side heating /air con is just pushing out cold air. It does not change at all whether you have the dial at 16 or 28. Drivers side is fine. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Rally, I think that the problem you have illustrated may be caused by one or more of the climate control flaps. Behind the scenes in these units are lots of flaps and motors which direct the cold/hot air and mix it to suit the desired temperature(s). Not quite sure how one can get a good look at these, but one of them jamming could I think cause this problem. Perhaps a dealer or independent has a method of looking inside the climate control unit with a mirror/lamp. Good luck mate.

As has been said, sounds like a stepper motor that works a flap is stuck. I had this a couple of years ago and gave it to Audi to deal with. they re coded the aircon and surprisingly that seemed to fix it.

Paddy is this something that can be done with vag com? I really detest taking the car to the stealers.

Dont know rally, i didnt have VCDS in those days and i cant be sure what they did, they just said they recoded it, whether that was an update of some sort or not i dont know. I suppose you have tried linking both side by holding auto for a few moments ? STAZ is the aircon man here maybe try a post in the Aircon section ?

Paddy Thanks for the info. I will contact STAZ. I have tried linking both sides but no luck.

scan for faults in the HVAC, you might be able to get it to reset in basci settings.