What the hell am i doing wrong? DRL light change..l

Alexx B3

Reaction score
Ok so to cut a long story short i got some LED drl's of andy on here , happy days.

Im outside trying to fit them now.. Dipped beams peice of **** but the drl's under the dipped will not move!

And i mean at all! I felt a litle clip under but that did fudge all! Removed my arch and it still wouldnt come.. cant see the whole light unit moving aswell!

Sick of trying to remove it ripped my hand to 1000 bits!

The cars a 58 plate btw.

So my cars now sat on jacks with no arch looking sorry for itself... What am i doing wrong? Ive wiggled it , pulled it , yanked the wire done the lot! NOTHING works!

The dipped and main beam are a simple twist any off but the drls...

They are tucked away in a bottom corner with an odd system that i cant figure out , Just wont come no matter what! Doesn't help when you cant see down there either !

Sorted now , theres 2 horrible clips got to guess where they are with a flat head and push hard lol , Shall be done soon :)

Hey Alex, just a quick question, i think i have the same lights as you on my 60 reg. i don't have any LED lights, and my DRL's are the crappy yellow glow ones. are these LED ones plug and play, or was there any modding needed? it may be too early to tell, but do you know if these are error free as well? mines a 1.6 TDI Sportback SE but i assumed we have the same front lights.

plezz.

Alright mate your's are the same as mine , The yellow is horrid hence me ditching it , Go look in my red audi thread and theres some pics and a quick write up ,

The lights are from a member on here he sells them all ready to go, pain the the **** to fit mind!

ah, i've already had a good few looks at yours Alex, its going very nicely. although i've noticed apart from the earliest pics, non of them show your wheels :p

have you changed the main bulbs as well? i'm thinking if i just upgrade my DRL's to led, but leave the stock dipped bulbs in, it will look very obvious.

out of interest, when you get your air, what are you doing with your old suspension? yours looks like its a Sport, and i've been looking for some sport springs to lower my SE.

plezz.

Haha thats down to the wheels been ****e !

I'll have new ones soon :)

Yeah i put some night breakers in from ebay . cheap and easy mod , white colour so matches better but still not on par with led's

Ta da , 7 quid mate

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

No idea mate , not sure mine will be any lower its quite high , although it is a sport

No idea mate , not sure mine will be any lower its quite high , although it is a sport

lol trust me Alex, yours is lower than mine, and even your ****e wheels are bigger and less ****e than mine!

SE is about 15mm higher than sport.