R-TECH REMAP AUDI A3 2.0TDI

woody03

Reaction score
Thought id share my opinion on the remap i have just had done on my car. after learning i would be in nottingham for a few days on short notice i thought i would contact r-tech after so many good reviews and with them being close in leicester on the off chance i may get in for a remap. luckily there was a slot so booked in. they done the usual health check and visual inspection before even running the car on the rolling road to make sure all was ok. then ran it with the stock map before uploading there spec 1 map and running it again. then i was told to take it out to make sure i was happy with the car and then given my rolling road printout. the car was a healthy 148bhp standard and with r-techs spec 1 map made 181bhp. whole process took approx 2hours. as for the map itself im very happy with, as the power is throughout the rev range rather than it being lower down and tailing off at the end. ive tried a few companys spec 1 remaps now including revo,custom code,celtic tuning and now r-tech. i found the others maps either too weak or too harsh with power lower in the rev range (these were all on my previous cars tho) which in turn reduces the life of the clutch etc. dont get me wrong i know all remaps reduce life expectancy but some of the other companys remaps were very harsh low in the rev range which to me seems to wear it out quicker. i noticed also that other comapnys claim to get nearer to 200bhp off the remap for the 2.0tdi units but as nick from r-tech explained to me the turbos on the earlier a3 2.0 units are not as strong as the newer ones so he doesnt like to push them too far which again id prefer as its my daily for work and back as well as for leisure and wouldnt want to risk the turbo for the sake of a few extra bhp. all in all a great map for a great price with some good advice along the way would recommend r-tech any day and will in future use them again on any new car i purchase.

Yes - great review - can you also let us know the improvement in mpg you have gained, as in the present economic climate that is the most important criteria.

Be interesting to see the MPg improvement, but realistically, with a faster car, you'll drive faster :)

thanks for reminding me mike something i missed out of my review knew id miss something. i noticed that my mpg improved by 6-7mpg more on the motorway journey home went from around 51-52mpg to 58-59mpg so the computer says anyway. as for price it was £200 which is a cracking price for the service you get imo.

Sounds spot on, this promotion and pay rise at work is already spoken for nearly haha :(

That's in excess of a 10% improvement by my calcs. so £200 will soon be recovered.

Sounds like a ****** good deal to me ! Thanks for the heads-up

thanks for reminding me mike something i missed out of my review knew id miss something. i noticed that my mpg improved by 6-7mpg more on the motorway journey home went from around 51-52mpg to 58-59mpg so the computer says anyway. as for price it was £200 which is a cracking price for the service you get imo.