Picked Up An RS3 Optics Grille On Ebay

Paullie

Banana Menace!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, I was gobsmacked the other night to see a genuine RS3 black Optics grille for sale on Ebay with a Buy It Now price! I didn't have to think twice about it as I have always admired the RS6 grille conversion done by Mattandrew and have fancied something similar for my car for ages. In a moment of madness I clicked Buy It Now and it was mine! Have to say the seller from Osnabruck in Germany couldn't have been better, I only order it on Tuesday evening and it arrived this morning. It's PERFECT, with not a single mark on it and even better all the fixings are in exactly the same places as the S3 grille, ..so if I'm right, it should fit any of the facelift bumpers. Anyway, here's a little sneaky peak of it. :wub: x

010-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

The other thing that made me believe there wouldn't be an issue with fitment is this pic and a few others I found of the RS3 bumper with the standard S3 grille in situ, so should work just as well the other way round.

m1ayv7lbcpwf_800.jpg

Will hopefully get it fitted in the next week, once I get my number plate holder for it.

:wub: xx

Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF and UV-RS3
Glad its came and its all fine :happy: Now to get it fitted!!!! Your car going to look so mean and it has to be the best Imola Yellow S3 around.

P.s when ever you come to sell the car i want first dibs :laugh:

Glad its came and its all fine :happy: Now to get it fitted!!!! Your car going to look so mean and it has to be the best Imola Yellow S3 around.

P.s when ever you come to sell the car i want first dibs :laugh:

Aww, thanks Ash. I'm glad it arrived safely too, lol. Hey, I sent you your nut covers yesterday, so you should get them today or tomoz at the latest. :wub: x

Looking good Paulie, looking good!:hubbahubba:

Very nice, the honeycomb grills always look great (one of the only good details of the RS3).

Can you measure the distance between the plate holes?

Pretty please :anbet:

Cheers Buddy! :wub: x

Thanks Martin, I have to say I kind of agree with you on that, though I wouldn't mind if someone handed me a set of keys for one, lol. :laugh: x

If someone handed me the keys, I'd get straight down to Audi to pick up an tidy RS4 and £10k change!

270mm from furthest left edge of left hole to furthest right edge of right hole. :) x

Sorry for the late reply, had a moment. Only joking, that would be strange. Grille looks great, can't wait to see it fitted.

PS I want one.

Well done Paullie :), E.bay is your friend as nige always says ...just picked up a set of 5 TT mk2 vents for a ton myself.

Stroke of very good luck Paullie!

It WILL look amazing, I've seen Mattandrews in the flesh and it's my fave mod. I've been on the lookout for an RS6 grill myself I love it that much.

Have you any plans for the fog surrounds?

Honeycomb, to match the RS3 grill?

Just noticed....it already has them lol

Last edited:

Why did they stop doing them for the 8P3? Could you modify 8P2 S3 ones to fit?

Looks very larvelyyy :)
Be interesting to see how it fits :) was it expensive Paullie? :)

Oh Gosh! wow thats very cool paullie.

come on you gotta spill the beans ! was is dear.. !

will be first S3 with one of these in England... maybe worldwide?

Last edited:
Looks lovely that - I WANT ONE!!!!

Stroke of very good luck Paullie!

It WILL look amazing, I've seen Mattandrews in the flesh and it's my fave mod. I've been on the lookout for an RS6 grill myself I love it that much.

Cheers Wez, not sure about changing the foggy surrounds. They already have honeycombed bits, but they're not as pronounced as the 8P2 S3 ones, but it might call for some more modding, lol. :wub: x

Looks very larvelyyy :)
Be interesting to see how it fits :) was it expensive Paullie? :)

Oh Gosh! wow thats very cool paullie.

come on you gotta spill the beans ! was is dear.. !

will be first S3 with one of these in England... maybe worldwide?

Thanks guys! Considering the RRP on this is over £600, I think I did okay getting it for £260 delivered from Germany, lol. BARGAIN! :wub: I know an Aussie guy already has the standard RS3 grille on his Phantom Black S3, but who knows, mine might be the first S3 in the UK to have the Optics version of it. Thanks again, Dudes! :wub: xx

Wish i had seen it ( jealous not) :)

I'm pretty quick off the draw on Ebay, Steve lol. I'm sure there'll be many more of these available as time passes. :wub: x

S3?:nyah::laugh: I think you could be right about it being the first S3 mind.

:laugh: x

Looks lovely that - I WANT ONE!!!!

will await the to following pics.... :icon_thumright:

Cheers guys, will post piccies once fitting sorted! :wub: x

I think that's an awesome price... you can pay something like 200 for the normal black optics?

either way doesn't matter you've done there Paullie.

so what you going to do with your plate.. are they holes i guess to mount it?

I think that's an awesome price... you can pay something like 200 for the normal black optics?

either way doesn't matter you've done there Paullie.

so what you going to do with your plate.. are they holes i guess to mount it?

Yeah, I'm well happy with what I paid for it, Warren. :) I've got an RS6 plate holder on its way, ..another Ebay bargain. I'm just hoping the holes on it are the same 27cm apart that they are on the RS3 grille, lol. If not, then I'll just have to have another think about it. ;) x

OMFG paulie seriously cant wait to see this on now but christ you dont hang around do you hun fair do's lol.x

Filthy!

First S3 in SCOTLAND, let alone the UK with the RS grill. And that's not a starter for ten by the way!

Hats off to you Paulie, finger on the pulse, attention to detail. You're in the lead. :sly:

Reactions: Paullie and MartayMcFly
all the way down here is south wales we have meets every now and again we have people from all over south wales area coming (when they can be bothered) i think everywhere should have monthly meets for your area

Us Scots need a meet.....

Long overdue boss. S3Simon tried to arrange one earlier this year, but it came to nowt. We held one last year which was well represented. Would be good to get another organised. Might need to meet in the middle.

Long overdue boss. S3Simon tried to arrange one earlier this year, but it came to nowt. We held one last year which was well represented. Would be good to get another organised. Might need to meet in the middle.

Where are you located?

I thought that both the pre-facelift and post-facelist S3's had the same grilles. I know the bumpers are different though.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though?