Chris NottBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ashtray LED Strip

1st Gear

Status
    I have just fitted my D/D conversion this morning and swapped over the led unit.. it fitted in the same place on the D/D cage as it did on the S/D cage.. In the rectangle cut out, it just slides in and clips there.. then it will just shine down as before.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza0685 View Post
    I have just fitted my D/D conversion this morning and swapped over the led unit.. it fitted in the same place on the D/D cage as it did on the S/D cage.. In the rectangle cut out, it just slides in and clips there.. then it will just shine down as before.
    can you get some pics of this as i want to see how it sits on yours.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Neutral

Status
    is that the part number on yours?? (8PO 864 138 D)

Neutral

Status
    just found this Google Translate

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

yes it does just clip in but due to the nature of how low the DD cage is and the position of the Hvac the LED unit is no longer visible once the ashtray is fitted back in.
    Do you have an ashtray in yours or just a empty cubby storage area?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

1st Gear

Status
    Ah i see.. no i just have the cubby hole..

And im not sure on the part number on the one in the car but i have a spare one here that came with my D/D cage and the part no on that is 8P0 857 355

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Ah i see.. no i just have the cubby hole..

And im not sure on the part number on the one in the car but i have a spare one here that came with my D/D cage and the part no on that is 8P0 857 355
    ahh so you may be able to still see the light as the cubby hole sits further underneath the hvac. put a pic up regardless as i want to see how it looks with the light on the DD

thats the same part number on mine...
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Neutral

Status
    The part number 8PO 864 138 D is for the plastic trim that sits under the hvac unit. I think.

1st Gear

Status
    Ill get a pic up in a bit once i have had some lunch.. gotta get priorities right.lol

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

this is what it looks like right now... also have the ambient footwells:

and the rear footwell
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Boycie

Status
    I have the interior light pack in my S3 but I am unsure if I have the rear foot lights - is this mainly a SB feature?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

no i retrofitted it last weekend... the leds are from T8ups as i specced them when i ordered my interior LED kit from him. got the light housing from him as well (which are standard audi parts, same as the front footwell light holders). these holders sit in a hole under the front seats (feel for the hole in the middle of the front seat towards the back)
    then i just ordered the 2 connectors from Audi with 2 repair pins (one for each side), took out the front seats and wired them into the front footwells. ran the cables under the carpet and wrapped it with fabric tape... fully OEM install and looks great!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Boycie

Status
    Thanks mate!

Have you the part numbers to hand?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

the part number for the connector is
    893 971 632

im not too sure on the part number for the holder but you can just pop out the ones you have on the front footwell and just use that, also its the same holder for the glovebox, boot light and puddle lights!

the repair pins were ordered for me by audi when i just said i want the repair pin for the connector part number i gave. they did offer different thickness wires but as its just a LED bulb the thinnest one works.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Neutral

Status
    So which parts are needed?
    8PO 857 355
    8PO 858 433
    Any others??

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

000 979 009 EA
    Terminal Repair Wire

4B0 972 623
    Connector for terminal wire
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Just to advise, the led strip does fix to the DD cage underside itself, not to the climate unit, it does have a plastic trim that fixes over it with a clear strip for the light to emit through to give it a nice ambience as such & usually the wires would be fed from behind as with the rest of the climate, radio, buttons etc, just tag ionto an existing interior light led eg. ashtray which if you dont have, you may find a tail still sitting there where ashtray would be incase of one fitted, has 2 pin connector on end.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

just saw this reply by nigel, and yes although he is correct the light itself does fit onto the cage.
    those of us that have the smokers pack in the car with the ashtray instead of the cubby hole will not have access to the area of the DD cage where the light sits.
    the ashtray has a cover that blocks the light from showing through as i had discovered as i always had the light in there just didnt know it was there until i removed the climate unit.

i have now attached it to the underneath of the climate unit to get that glow although as there is less space to mount it here especially as i still have the ashtray in place the light is kind of bright, though that does not bother me the slightest and i still love the mod
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    As how the heck did you install the rear puddles?

Heck... got the front ones not the rear ones!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

I dont think the rear ones come as standard on any cars. The retrofit is explain onthe 2nd post of this page... Read up!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    im really after this ashtray light mod i already done the ambiant mod in the roof unit and love the glow around the dsg at night but after more red
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

get the light bar and the connector with the repair wire, run some wire round the back and connect it to the light in the ash tray, simples
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If you have the ashtray then its rather pointless imho, now the cubby hole storage tray, then yeah IMHO a nice little mod, little fiddly to get the strip in place.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    If you have the ashtray then its rather pointless imho, now the cubby hole storage tray, then yeah IMHO a nice little mod, little fiddly to get the strip in place.
    yeah i have the ashtray but looking for more red glow in the cabin
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Then I wouldnt bother tbh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12