New S3 owner

Lems3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Its just a quick message to say hello to everyone. Will be picking up my new S3 next week, its my first new car so very excited.

Its a Black Edition SportBack in Ibis white, DSG box, Panoramic roof, comfort and light pack. Not how i would have specced it out but its the way the dealer had ordered it as their demo and to order a new one is just way to long for me to wait with the way things change. Plus it worked out cheaper to buy this than a nearly new one with similar spec so chuffed to bits.

I look forward to getting lots of advice from you all on possible tuning/upgrades as time goes by. There's some stunning cars on here thats for sure.

Thanks

Hi Lewis! Welcome to ASN. Your new S3 sounds totally lush and I bet you can't wait to get your sticky mitts on it, lol. Now you're on the forum, it's only a matter of time before you'll start 'tweaking' it, ..though with the spec you have - and the fact it's beautiful Ibis White - you shouldn't need to tweak too much. Enjoy it Buddy and don't forget to post up some piccies when it arrives.

welcome to the forum lewis
sounds like youve got a well spec'd car, but there is always room for improvement, am sure there are plenty of us S3 owners that will do a very good job of spending your hard earned!

Thank you for the warm welcome, i really can't wait. Had an A5 before hand, loved that and just could not see me getting any other car than Audi to be honest. I have to be very subtle with my moding as i work away alot and my missus will be attempting to drive it while i'm away, and she is moving up from a 1.0 litre Toyota, lol..

haha know your problem about the other half driving and coming from a tiny car
the people i use for my mapping, evolve, do a box that allows you to swap between maps so when your away you can put the stock map back on ;)

Really, that sounds like just the sort of thing i'll be after. Will get the car run in first then see how i feel about doing it.

Does the car like going from one map to another or does it take a while to re-adapt to the extra power each time its updated?

its really useful, with my ex, her car had about 60bhp so there was no way was going to let her loose in mine with 360, would have ended very badly!
yea the car need a good 1000 miles on it before you start to fiddle, you dont want to be stressing a new car with additional power
it takes a little adaption, 50 or so miles, so not very much, on going you get about 95% of the change straight away, it just get a bit smoother over the 50 miles

Hi Guys,

Its just a quick message to say hello to everyone. Will be picking up my new S3 next week, its my first new car so very excited.

Its a Black Edition SportBack in Ibis white, DSG box, Panoramic roof, comfort and light pack. Not how i would have specced it out but its the way the dealer had ordered it as their demo and to order a new one is just way to long for me to wait with the way things change. Plus it worked out cheaper to buy this than a nearly new one with similar spec so chuffed to bits.

I look forward to getting lots of advice from you all on possible tuning/upgrades as time goes by. There's some stunning cars on here thats for sure.

Thanks

Enjoy mate! I have the same in Phantom Black! One bit of advise.....................REVO!! :drool:

I have seen one as you describe with high gloss black mirrors and rear valance and it looked ace :)

Can I be really rude and ask how much you got it for? As I mentioned Im trying to find one for myself in the same spec and have my eye on one and want to know if thats the price I should pay of if there is much haggle in it.
PM me if you don't want to post here.
Appreciate it.