37444e5b.jpg

820c6e14.jpg

First mod was a personalised plate

c1b8a50b.jpg

Second mod was a u.s front plate recess

c6bb810a.jpg

Next on the list was some Ali pedals, tidys the interior up lovely

ae2e3fef.jpg

The next purchase was completely out of the blue, gets a phOne cal of a dear friend of mine
(dan) " I needs £500 for a deposit on a car, wanna buy my fat fives off me, theres 5 wheels and six tyres", at the price he offered I couldn't refuse
So I tested them about 4-5 months ago, there still sitting in my garage, waiting for me to sort them out
They need bigger tyres and the fronts milling slightly and a quick refurb

1a1f4377.jpg

Next on the mods was to replace the engine mounts,
I was getting weird noises and noticed they had failed, so I opted for ths fr3 side mounts, and powerflex lower mounts, defiantly can tell the difference, I'd recommend it to anyone,

And whilst that was happening I was looking at u.s a3s and wanted some sidemarkers, so I bought them, there still looking for a loom, and then there getting fitted

97dfdf5d.jpg

That's about it up to now

cant wait to see the fives on there bud will look very nice , oh and on the subject of mounts ive got one of mine gone how much was the new mounts buddy

Cheers man, the side mounts were £195 from fr&r tuning, and lower mounts are oem with powerflex inserts from prestige performance centre
Well worth it, the acceleration is much more precise

yeah i bet they it is , i had some work done on my car last year and its been clicking ever since doing my head in lol , cheers fella

It's funny the different mod styles between the countries.

Reading VW Vortex, everyone hates the US front plates and wishes they had Euro's.
They also all hate the mandatory US front markers and remove/paint them yet you are installing both of them.

Love the fat fives mate, looking forward to the finished product.

Haha, I know, I like to be different,
Next up for mods are
- get wheels sorted
- get suspension sorted
- my09 rear lights
- black headliner
- dension for me iPhone
- egr clean/ delete
- remap

Been thinking about these Fat5's for mine (obviously would need PCD adapters) as they are bigger than the TT Comps ain't they?

Car look snice with them on.

got me hands on a full s line headliner interior, from a breaker
Well made up, just got to fit it now
22c37b89.jpg

Hopefully going in either tomorrow or weekend :) i shal post pics when in

Finally got me fat fives on, but unsure about, if they stay it needs lowering ha
9d10edd2.jpg

286a368f.jpg

90a0a98d.jpg

Next up is to fit the headliner this weekend

Cheers Fran,
I'm looking at buyIng a house at the moment, so lowering might have to wait,
I really want some fifteen52 Tarmac wheels :)
e6d2eb3b.jpg

I love fat fives. You're right though needs to be lower.

Those fifteen52 Tarmacs are an interesting wheel too. Need to rock a motorsport theme to pull them off though. Not sure an A3 can do that.

Cheers my love ha, na I didnt order any, it's either save money for house stuff, get coils or get a dog haha
And I'm swaying more towards a dog ha

Cheers ash, getting a choccy lab pup :), hello dog guard and rubber boot mat ha

Looks great on the Fives, Jord! Well done on the headlining too, car looks fab! :)

Just a quick update, not much has changed on car, just been replacing parts to keeps it working 
It's had new disks and pad all around
Also bought a choccy lab pup, so I've purchased a dog guard and boot liner ha
Gonna get all the niggles out the way, and the modding is coming, saving for coilys is **** ha
Gonna red lamin-x the rear lights, maybe lamin-x tint the fronts and fogs
Also thinking of spraying grill matt black? Opinions?
Had a much needed clean the other day
b2dc31fc.jpg

Looking clean mate.
Lowering will change the look of those wheels no end. :thumbsup:
Don't waste them, bring your car down from Jupiter ASAP and introduce it to your wheels.

Mine looked like four piles of sh*te when my car was in orbit, but now its nearer to Earth its all good.

Well I'm fast approaching 100k on the clock, and I'm thinking it's time to swap it for a sportback,
I really dunno what to do? Sell or keep? It's still going good ( touch wood) and I dunno what kind of money I'd get for it, but I'd need pretty much what I'd paid for it to get a sportback with less miles
Help me people, opinions?

Decided I'm keeping the car, but I'm deffo gonna lower it soon, still can't decide to go for eibach springs, but my shocks have done 95k and don't want them going mad, so I'm thinking maybe Jom vmaxx or ap coilys,
Ad maybe might sell the fat 5's?

Putting uprated springs on 95k shocks is just sucicide! They will likely be bouncy as hell and die real soon anyway! Coilovers Ftw
wink.gif