AH FabricationsChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

Question What Induction Kit for S3?

Hi All,

Im wondering what would be the best cold air induction kit for an S3?

And do these make alot of noise or increase the noise of the dump valve? (they did on my last Scooby!)

Thanks
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    All depends, how much you want to spend, how muxh noise are you after
    They by themselves won't make that much noise on a stock car, once it's mapped, then you'll get a lot more induction noise and dv flutter.
    About the loudest is the Evoms, and that's about 320, then the ITG considered by some to be about the best is about 370 and I'd you want a pretty silent one the diblas but that's about 450 I think.
    I've got an Evoms on mine and love the sound!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

1st Gear

Status
    order the evolve map! do your magic jungleman!

5th Gear

Status
    Whats K&N's product like? I LOVED it on my Scoobie! (Although it was a custom made rally job!)
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status
    i had k&n on my scoobies, s3 is different kettle of fish.... i think the evom or itg..... all depends on if your gonna remap i guess, and what stage.
    i've just stuck a bmc panel in mine for now, and going with a stage 1 map with milltek. good luck with the mods, see you around on the roads of cardiff!

2nd Gear

Status
    the dibilas cai has a k&n filter and its quite quiet

REVO stage 2+ , dbilias cai , apr pump, milltek tbe special h&r springs , h&r arb's

Boycie

Status
    ITG all the way - Revo developed their map on their K1 cupra with ITG

There's no poke without smoke!

Status
    I use a BSH true seal. Nice kit... Not to noisy but has enough !!!!!!!shhooooooooooooosh and pshhhhhhtttttt!!!!!! for my liking. Away to get a custom code remap next week too. I'll let you know about gains

Vroom Vroom!

Stage 2 Custom code Remap, BSH Trueseal CAI, Milltek resonated decat Turbo back, Platinum grey wheels.

5th Gear

Status
    Do you have to get a map done with the filter oon this engine? I dont really wanna have to get a map and invalidate my insurance!

2nd Gear

Status
    BSH true seal induction kit for me, just right
    S3 gone but not forgotten, now on a Golf R

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    Do you have to get a map done with the filter oon this engine? I dont really wanna have to get a map and invalidate my insurance!
    You dont have to, you can add the map whenever you want, and the car will learn that you have a filter on and adjust accordingly even with the stock map, but seriously, it's worth getting the car mapped even just to stage one as it makes a massive difference and really makes the car come alive! Well worth the 10% ish increase in your premium... Trust me lol
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah but I dont fancy forking out loads on a new clutch!

2nd Gear

Status
    I think if you dont go too daft with full power take offs etc the clutch should be just about ok with the stage 1
    S3 gone but not forgotten, now on a Golf R

6th Gear

Status
    It's not just launching the kills it, as you should be producing over 300lbft of torque the oem clutch will give in, they have been known to give in even on stock power, but personally, even at a grand for an updated clutch it's worth it as the difference in the car is staggering and makes it much more of a fun toy, if you can get a drive in a mapped car you will see what I mean.

Lost in music...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    Whats K&N's product like? I LOVED it on my Scoobie! (Although it was a custom made rally job!)
    K&N Typhoon works fine on mine. Bit of DV flutter whooshing etc, but not too much. Looks very similar to the ITG one TBH. I've got a K&N filter cover box on it to keep the noise right down, but that box doesn't seem to have dropped the power.

Get it mapped. Wasted a year before mapping mine - should have done it earlier. Yes you'd have to tell the insurance, but then technically you should do with any induction kit etc etc

But you knew that!
    123d MSport coupe from the company

2007 S3 in sprint blue - gone!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    All depends, how much you want to spend, how muxh noise are you after
    They by themselves won't make that much noise on a stock car, once it's mapped, then you'll get a lot more induction noise and dv flutter.
    About the loudest is the Evoms, and that's about 320, then the ITG considered by some to be about the best is about 370 and I'd you want a pretty silent one the diblas but that's about 450 I think.
    I've got an Evoms on mine and love the sound!
    +1!!!!!!!!!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

1st Gear

Status
    Nahhhhhhh, get a forge twintake!! they rock!
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Denty View Post
    Nahhhhhhh, get a forge twintake!! they rock!
    na mate you all wrong haha
    when you heading to evolve for your stage 2?