Trunk spoiler from ebay

jsosic

Reaction score
Hi.

Has anyone tried this one:
Audi A3 S3 Roof Spoiler 8P | eBay

From the responses on the ebay it seems that it's a perfect fit. Guy offers them in both Votex and S3 styles. It seems like a bargain to me? Has about 200 sold already and a 100% positive feedback. Also some of the comments state that it's a perfect fit. What do you think about it?

Looks decent mate, may have to get my hands on the Votex if the kind man will deliver to the UK!

Ahh man! I just saw ebay.com so assumed it was usa LOL. Deffo going to order this bad boy next week then ;)

Steer well clear of this guy, his spoilers are absolutely *****, I had the unfortunate dealings with 2 of them, they're terrible & paint doesnt bond well at all & I use a very good paintshop, so its not them at fault & I'm not the only one whose experienced it, doesnt honour warranty, doesnt honour anything, get oem so you dont have to repaint several times & still find its crap.

The guy is a complete & utter Txxxer

Steer well clear of this guy, his spoilers are absolutely *****, I had the unfortunate dealings with 2 of them, they're terrible & paint doesnt bond well at all & I use a very good paintshop, so its not them at fault & I'm not the only one whose experienced it, doesnt honour warranty, doesnt honour anything, get oem so you dont have to repaint several times & still find its crap.

The guy is a complete & utter Txxxer

Just when i thought i was getting a bargain lol !Cheers for your comments NHN :)

Last edited:
i wouldnt entertain getting one off ebay unless its a oem one from all the bad coments from ebay spoilers , get a oem one or nothing simples

I've contacted few buyers of the spoiler, and one of them said that primer is not good. That explains NHN's problems with colour. My family owns car paint shop, so that's not a problem, if primer is bad, than it's easy for me to do it again properly. I also asked one guy for a weight, and we'll sort that out too.

If I order it to Croatia, then I have to pay 70 for the spoiler, 45 for the shipping, and 40% for the customs, taxes, etc in Croatia. So total sum would be around ~161 quid. Here in Audi they qouted me ~240 quid for the OEM spoiler, so I think I will go with that path, because I can deduct taxes and final price would then be ~185. So it's not a big difference for me.

i would go genuine your not going to have a problem then , ebay ones like have said are poor fitting , wont take paint properly , be safe and et oem job done

Dont touch these spoilers from the ebay guy with a barge pole, its not the primer ok, its the makeup of the materials used, trust me the paintshop I used are very good & they tried everything, they're just plain rubbish spoilers, any primer used just lifts of which inturn bubbled the paint on top, bonding of primer is terrible, it cost me more than a new oem spoiler & painted, to find out these are that bad.

Just buy OEM & you wont have a single issue.

Mine arrived with some lage faults in the moulding on the ends. It apeared as if he had filled these with a bathroom type mastic but it had not set at all. You could scoop it out with your finger and roll it in to a ball !!... Total rubbish.:end_of_discction: