rebuilding a a3 - please help choosing a F and R bumper, girlle and lights.

A3RESSURECTION

Reaction score
hello, I just got my 2008 A3 2.0T and need to replace the bumpers, the grills, and the lights.
I am figured that I might as well bring it up a notch from the stock look. Can you please suggest what to get and how to go about it. I am was curious if it is possible to put on it the S-line, lifted bumper and how much would that be and what else is needed so it looks good. thanks!

2008 is ambiguous

are the side indicators on the wings (MY08/8P2) or in the wing mirrors (MY09/8P3)?

the mirrors don't have blinkers in them and the manufacturing date is 07/2007, does it make it 8P2?
Please help me decide, I want to get it done for the summer :)

You could easily do an sline rep. Just need the front bumper and grill tbh. Rear bumper and spoiler I will be selling my s line front bumper soon.

ok well i depends what you're replacing your old ones for. your thread title says "rebuilding" so i can only imagine you've got a Cat D car or something, and you want to put it back on the road.

of that's the case, i'd consider an 8P3 facelift, but it's not a small undertaking.

you'll need:

bonnet
wings
bumper
grille
headlamps
front slam panel
bonnet hinges
lock carrier
fog lights
fog light grilles
facelift wing mirrors with indicators in them
new door modules
rear bumper
rear bumper diffuser
(spoiler)
(alloys)

then there'll be a whole heap of painting and coding to do!

hehehe sub98h, thanks for a thorough recommendation but that is way too much than I want to do to it, I live in the city and do not want to spend a fortune on the car just see some idiot ruin it after one week.
I really only want to upgrade the parts that are damaged now: the front bumper, grille, the rear bumper and headlamps. So I found a new S-Line bumper for around $400 from piedmontbumpers.com.
@Rusko25:
so I CAN install the S-line bumper on my non-s A3 without a problem - I don't need any side skirts, etc?
Can I install the original foglights on it?
As for headlamps, I like the ones with LEDs which are available on Ebay for $300 a pair, which is same as the stock ones!!! Are they gonna last though?

Last edited:
I bought my S-Line front bumper off ebay for £60 and the rear with parking sensor holes and brackets for another £60! Had it resprayed and fitted with the holes for my washer jets for just over £200... shop around you will get a decent price.

other than that you will need the fogs, and fog grills and the main grill which you should be able to get within another £200