Thread: I Guess I Went "In"

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

Cool I Guess I Went "In"

Hi guys,

Been wanting to post this thread up for a while now, but just wanted to keep it under wraps for UD

Its just an update thread really of all the new mods that have been going on over the last few months. I took the car off road midway through November and then I started modding the first week in Jan.

The car went down to Luke @ Plush Automotive and the first thing to get done was charcoal coloured alcantara headlining:

I wanted to get rid of the black leather on the steering wheel so I then followed the ceiling onto the steering wheel:

Feels so much nicer to drive with now, it was trimmed by Roy Dixon @ Autotrim in Liverpool. I had a few more purple bits done by MJ, the triangles, the gear gaitor and handbrake:

One thing that became massively evident last summer after having the air and trim done, was to take the car to a higher level again I knew I had to sort the recesses front and rear, so that I did (Ignore the wonky S-Line badge, that will get sorted):

I also deleted the exhaust:

The back end looks soooo much cleaner and wider now, over the moon with it:

With me being me, I decided some new rims were necessary! Now I've wanted these wheels for about 2 years, and my refurber had 3 of them just sat on the side in his unit since 18 months ago, so he gave me them @ a steal. I bought a 4th one, and it had a massive flat spot so I got refunded and had a buy a new one, which hurt.

They are C63 AMG 19" alloys

They are 9s on the rear with a 10mm spacer and 8s on the front with a 5mm spacer, wrapped in Falken 452 215/35/19s. When I first fitted the wheels I had some issues with camber. The passenger rear was out, so it tucked but the drivers rear was bang on, so when I laid frame the arch was sat on the rim, not good! Damaged my arch and the wheel, had to have it re-done last week! I've now had the camber set to -2 on the rear, but I'm gonna be fitting 8mm spacers this week as they are really aggressive on the back..

But I'm made up with the wheels and they give the car look more hench

This is daily ride height for those who always ask me

One of the benefits with these over the Helios is they show off the front brakes alot better, I had many comments over the weekend "are those brakes new" they've been on since November 2009!

But the main mod was out back again. Luke had been a very busy boy. Underneath this very practical boot

Was just a work of art...

Luke had done a full hardline install. I've now upgraded to 4 x 480cc compressors (had 2 before) and I had a longer tank (still 5 gallon) sprayed Akoya as well:

The tank just fills super super quick now and the bit is abit more practical from before, the car was on the Plush stand @ UD, was a really busy show and enjoyed it!

Got a few niggling issues that I need to sort with the car, but I'll be doing more mods throughout the year!

Thanks for looking & sorry for rambling on. All comments and feedback welcome.

Cheers Nath
    J8Y PW and AjayB like this.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Lot of love and attention has been lavished on that car. Wish I had your budget LOL, there's loads I'd love to do with my car!!! Oh well maybe when I'm a dentist!

Really like the alcantara. Purple gaiter and triangles is perhaps a bit much for me, I'd perhaps have gone with black with purple stitching, with matching thread on the steering wheel ofc.

Glad the purple wheels have made a return too. Air ride looks the shiz, almost a shame to cover it with that trimmed box!

Glad to see the recesses done as well, looks miles better
    Last edited by sub39h; 14th March 2011 at 01:52.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Loving the new hoops and additions fella!

The Helios were sexy, but these are the next level!!

As always, car is looking amazing nath!
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

Lacks Car Funds...

Status
    N8, the cars looking glorious as ever... Think I prefer the helios but these amg wheels will probs grow on me I think... Keep up the good work!
    2005 A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI 140 DSG

Factory: Full Black Leather - BOSE- Lights Pack - Winter Pack - Arm Rest
    Mods: iTray - Black Optics Grill - UK Pressed Plates - Bluefin - Cruise Control - Lamin-X - Rear Aero Wiper - S-Line Spoiler - Black Diamond Brake Pads - Wheels Refurbed, Gunmetal Grey - Eibach Sportline Springs
    To Do: Wheel Spacers
    Dreaming Of: RNS-E - Bluetooth - FBMFSW - S3 Rear End - MY11 Rear Lights - Big Brake Kit

Engage the beige!

Status
    OMG!!!

You need to take good care of your steering wheel from now on.. Don't rub it!
    2005 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI in Dakar Beige
    FK Coilovers, 19" BBS Speedline (Summer Wheels), 18" BBS CK Replicas (Winter Wheels)

flying oyster

Status
    i saw your car at ud yesterday it was good to see it in the flesh after reading about all the work you have put in to it over the years a real benchmark for us all
    made me decide to keep my car and try harder lol
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Steering Wheel retrim is beautiful!
    Audi A3 2.0TFSI S Line SE DSG

JMB Retrofits - North East Retrofit Company

Up the owls!

Status
    Looks great but I will never understand the fashion of lowering to the point where the wheel disappears under the arch, and you have two massive gaps either side around the bottom of the arch. For me the wheel should be central to the wheelarch

I guess it's just me though as lots of people do it
    Cheese likes this.
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

4th Gear

Status
    Good write up N8. Love the RS6 steering wheel before even more so now. And C63 rims all the way looking good!!!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

2nd Gear

Status
    loving your car mate... i bet you cant get enough of that purple
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

Per ardua

Status
    Car looks stunning N8. Is there a story to the purple theme or is it just your fave colour?
    Last edited by rockape; 14th March 2011 at 09:13.
    For sale:
    RS6 18" alloys
    S-line 8p2 chrome grill
    Pm me.

1st Gear

Status
    And Now I understand why your month was a little more expensive than mine!!!!!!!!

Loving the roof and wheel, such detailing. Might have to get some driving gloves to protect that wheel!

That boot too! one of a kind SB

1st Gear

Status
    saw your car yesterday mate , not majorly keen on the wheels as i think multi spoke can look a bit halfords on the a3 , Rest looks spoton tho mate , Some very nice A3s there yesterday !

A3 8p , 2.0 Tdi 140 , Bose , Symphony , Climate

Mods = Gloss Black grilles , De-Wipered , De-Badged , MY11 Rear With Black Gloss Diffuser , TT vents , Coilovers , A4 Avant wheels

To Come = More smoothing , Xenon , Rims

6th Gear

Status
    Awsome

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status

Siiiiiiccccckkk as ever dude

Interior Next!!

Status
    Nath Man you have smashed it!!! did you take the car off the road to save some moneys lol!! i now understand what all the moaning was about with regards to spemnding haha! but well worth it mate... car is sick!! ABSOLUTELY LOVING the wheel & headliner in alcantara The wheels are just different level! ive been looking around for something different in the wheel world & have looked at all but never really though of these.. sort of forgot they came in 19" sick sick sick!

out of interest, how did they do the recess at the back? is it smaller to accomodate a small plate? how the feck did you sort that? & in a wierd way i like the deleted exhaust... where is it now? behind the bumper?

well done mate, was worth the wait to see it...

Quote Originally Posted by olliea3 View Post
    saw your car yesterday mate , not majorly keen on the wheels as i think multi spoke can look a bit halfords on the a3 , Rest looks spoton tho mate , Some very nice A3s there yesterday !
    are you serious?
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

5th Gear

Status
    Your car was class, I took a few photos of it aswell. Keep up the good work
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

6th Gear

Status
    the car is looking absolutely bang on!

the AMGs are another level and look perfect on the car! mega jealous!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

4th Gear

Status
    loved it mate, i didn't even realise inside was all alcantara just thought the wheel was, didn't notice boot as it was up. boots cool, you have it like that as you use it daily?

if am honest i didn't really think the wheels went with the hype there nice! but thought helios suited it better.

5th Gear

Status
    looks good lad, always like exhaust delete, and "US style" tailgate with shorter recess is nice touch
    Last edited by Smoothie; 14th March 2011 at 11:27.
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

1st Gear

Status
    As said on edition mate
    FOR SALE

2009 Headlight switch - �30

Pm for details

if in doubt flat out

Status
    Car looking good mate, not keen on the purple theme tho, but hey, each to is own. Love the tailgate & exhuast delete.
    2011 A4 Avant SLine Black Edition Quattro 170bhp
    2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4ltr
    2008 Audi S3 *sold*
    2001 Saab Aero HOT Convertible *sold*
    1992 Range Rover Classic 3.9 V8 *sold*
    1985 BMW 520i

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys, just to sum up on a few of the things that have been said. I chose Purple, as the car is Akoya and in the sunlight there is alot of purple in the paintwork. Plus when I bought the RS4 buckets, my fiancee suggested we go purple, as they were in desperate need of a trim. So thats what we did, and colour coded the rims to match.

I knew the wheels would get a mixed review. I think people don't like/unsure because they are a very simple looking wheel, so they can be perceived as looking to boggy/basic. I kinda had that thought in my head momentarily when I put them on. But the more you look @ them, the more you realise how sick they are. They work for me as they are an OEM wheel, they are clean and simple and best of all, they've never been done before, this is my favourite picture of them so far:

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    what a pic! well let me tell ya... i want 1st dibs on the wheels... they are foookin mental!!!
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'm glad you have the same vision as me Ry

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    Looks great but I will never understand the fashion of lowering to the point where the wheel disappears under the arch, and you have two massive gaps either side around the bottom of the arch. For me the wheel should be central to the wheelarch
    With you on that one, the massive gaps at either side of the wheel looks daft to me, not sure about the purple wheels either.

Rest of it is damn fine looking though.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    How heavy are they N8, are they lightweight sports wheels or heavy luxury car with a big engine wheels?

Banana Menace!

Status
    OMG N8, your car is a pure thing of beauty and your latest mods are amazing, ..can't decide which I love most, the AMG's, the retrim or your new bum! Mind blowing, Dude. Love it all!!!

Paula x
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Cheers Paula, I don't think they are majorly heavy Dane. I'll try and find out for you.

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Just curious is all no need to go digging or anything

1st Gear

Status
    Daylight pic looks a lot better, although still unsure on the purple wheels, would prefer silver inserts with diamond turned faces for the factory look.

Shortened recess and everything else is a big improvement though!
    Last edited by sulaiman; 14th March 2011 at 12:32.

A3 TDI Sport

6th Gear

Status
    N8, car looked awesome yesterday, came to speak to you but some guy said you had disapeared and i forgot to come back over to find you. I tried to get some pics but there was loads of people in front of it getting in the way!

Also loved the mk5 with the pinky coloured seats parked behind you.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Just curious is all no need to go digging or anything
    I'll find out for you bro, not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sulaiman View Post
    Daylight pic looks a lot better, although still unsure on the purple wheels, would prefer silver inserts with diamond turned faces for the factory look.

Shortened recess and everything else is a big improvement though!
    The diamond cut face and purple centres would have looked like a chav fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    N8, car looked awesome yesterday, came to speak to you but some guy said you had disapeared and i forgot to come back over to find you. I tried to get some pics but there was loads of people in front of it getting in the way!

Also loved the mk5 with the pinky coloured seats parked behind you.
    Cheers Lee, I missed alot of people, that was Luke's old car, he's sold it to that girl and he's driving an RS4 now.

Interior Next!!

Status
    I'm glad you have the same vision as me Ry
    that pic is my work desktop!!
    S

if in doubt flat out

Status
    Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys, just to sum up on a few of the things that have been said. I chose Purple, as the car is Akoya and in the sunlight there is alot of purple in the paintwork. Plus when I bought the RS4 buckets, my fiancee suggested we go purple, as they were in desperate need of a trim. So thats what we did, and colour coded the rims to match.

I knew the wheels would get a mixed review. I think people don't like/unsure because they are a very simple looking wheel, so they can be perceived as looking to boggy/basic. I kinda had that thought in my head momentarily when I put them on. But the more you look @ them, the more you realise how sick they are. They work for me as they are an OEM wheel, they are clean and simple and best of all, they've never been done before, this is my favourite picture of them so far:

Hey bud, no need to feel that you have to justify your decisions at all, you will always have people disagreeing / agreeing with modified cars, that what makes it the scene we love, people trying different things. Would be dead boring if we all liked the same things, so, hats off to you & other people like you, wish I had the vision / balls / money to do things.
    2011 A4 Avant SLine Black Edition Quattro 170bhp
    2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4ltr
    2008 Audi S3 *sold*
    2001 Saab Aero HOT Convertible *sold*
    1992 Range Rover Classic 3.9 V8 *sold*
    1985 BMW 520i

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I agree with what your saying bro. The only judgement is in my head, I'm not 1 of these people who goes "WHAT DO YOU THINK WHAT DO YOU THINK" I know plenty of INDECISIVE people like that, my fiancee one of them, but she's a woman, they haven't got a clue have they

6th Gear

Status
    Its diferent so people will hate it .that picture above looks like a saloon race car .Its a marmite moment love it or hate it .I think people will copy it! Win from me and the misses infact shes looking at it more than me LOL ,Good lad i dont need no excuses now

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

1st Gear

Status
    The diamond cut face and purple centres would have looked like a chav fest.
    Agree!! That's why I said silver inserts with diamond turned faces

A3 TDI Sport

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Sorry bro, I mis read, nah I tried them in OEM form, I like colour on the wheels man, I feel naked with silver

Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast