What are these Alloys called?

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Hello everybody, (Hello Dr.Nick)
I was wondering if someone might know the name for these alloys? Its a picture of my previous car but I want to get these wheels again, dont like the ones that are on mine now. Ive seen a few sets on ebay but they dont look quite the same.
Thank you.

a30.jpg

They are Audi's own wheel. They are what were fitted to the A3 sport at one point

this is correct. they were also fitted to certain versions of TTs as well - possibly the S-Line because they're the A5 S-Line wheel. anyhow, i think that you can do much better than that if you want OEM, and unless you go for TT wheels they come in 17" and me personally i'd want at least an 18" wheel on my A3

i would go for 18's too mate there's a huge choice of oem wheels for audi's and 18's look a hell of alot better

Yeah I was thinking maybe they look a bit old now but Im not sure what to go for, I want OEM looking ones but I think from what I read on here that replicas are a no go? I also want at least 18`s as said above, I dont know alot about alloys to be fair so wasnt even sure if I could go to 19`s? But 18s would be great.
Ive got a 58 plate black A3 sportback with hideously basic looking alloys now. What would you recomend? I saw these too which I like but still not sure....
57267edb.jpg

I have those new style S3 wheels on my old 3.2 and i love them :p

Audi2101111.jpg

i really like the facelift S3 alloys, but not sure i'd want a set on my non-S3 A3 8P. it's personal preference ofc, there are plenty of ppl who like them and have them on their cars. i know of an OEM set going cheap-ish on eBay. i'll PM you

You are cutting your nose to spite ya face sub, 99.9% of people wouldn't know an s3 alloy from any other alloy.....and who cares anyway :) its just personal preference really because i would never want an non OEM wheel on my Audi either. :)

Last edited:
nah not really. i already have my favourite OEM wheel on my car from the factory. thanks for the concern tho!

Where would you draw the line though ? no s-line wheels on non s-line cars ? no S3 bumpers on non S3's...or no s-line bumpers on non s-line cars maybe. Certainly no my10 rear lights on earlier cars and no FBMFSW in non S3's !!....maybe no single grills on twin grill models ?.Life would be a bit boring here don't ya think :)
Fact is its a car modding site and i would rather see people interchanging OEM equip than fitting chavy e-bay kit :)

Concerned of Norfolk :kiss:

i agree to some extent - everyone draws the line somewhere and i've decided where mine is and i wouldn't cross it. it doesn't by any means mean that i don't like A3s with S3 kits or wheels, just i wouldn't do it to my own car. as you rightly point out, life would be boring if we all had the same ideas, so there's nothing wrong with my opinion differing to yours - just hope you understand that i wouldn't do it to my own car. it's exactly the same as me saying i wouldn't paint my wheels purple. it doesn't mean i don't like N8's car, or that i don't respect his achievement, i just wouldn't do it myself.

Nat is the king of wheels....we make exceptions for him :)

Hello everybody, (Hello Dr.Nick)
I was wondering if someone might know the name for these alloys? Its a picture of my previous car but I want to get these wheels again, dont like the ones that are on mine now. Ive seen a few sets on ebay but they dont look quite the same.
Thank you.

a30.jpg

Well i have exactly the same wheels as those (for sale soon as i grab a NEW SET) and i am looking for 18 or 19 inch to replace mine .
,Off topic slightly Are there any wheels which sit out in the arches, That are OEM and do not require poxy spacers?

As said above, they are the stock wheels for A3 sports. I'll be selling mine soon too, 17" looks far too small in the arches.

Well i have exactly the same wheels as those (for sale soon as i grab a NEW SET) and i am looking for 18 or 19 inch to replace mine .
,Off topic slightly Are there any wheels which sit out in the arches, That are OEM and do not require poxy spacers?

B6/B7 A4 wheels

Thanks for the link, but I think Im going to go for the ones in the second picture I put up, talking to someone about the set sub39h linked me to.