MFSW oddities and other A3 changes

g-man

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Over the last two days, I've had a courtesy car as my A3 2.0 TDi went in to get (yet another) turbo replaced! (Another long story).

Anyway, on the 60 plate A3 1.8T that I got (with S-tronic), I see that Audi have made some changes that I found quite irritating.

First was the unlock door button on the drivers door is round the other way! Very annoying. :banghead:

Second was somewhat illogical and it concerns the MFSW, on the left hand side scroll wheel when playing a CD and moving the scroll wheel in the UP direction, it moved the track backwards (i.e. from track 2 to 1), yet in my A3 (06 plate), it goes in what (to my mind) is more logical, to the NEXT track (i.e. track 2 to 3).

I'm sure mine did this before and I somehow managed to reverse the buttons so it works 'properly', any idea how it's done?

Cheers

the track thing i guess is down to how you think of it. on my MFSW if you scroll up the track NUMBER goes up i.e. 1 to 2

but if you think of it as a list:

Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
Track 4
etc.

it makes sense for the scroll wheel to adjust the tracks in the way you're describing. tbh it took me a while to get used to the way that my MFSW adjusts tracks

I guess it's what you get used to but I prefer it the way it is in my current car rather than the courtesy one.

Maybe because I'm left handed, I always look at a list from the bottom to the top so what I have now suits me better. :)

I take it VCDS is something to do with Vehicle Coding so if it's changeable then no issues.