Arm Rest Lid Broken (argh) -request

fuzion

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number? For trimmed or leather for the s3.. either or will do me as they aren't very bright over here for part number listings i tell you.

Or does anyone have a fix for the button? Accidently snapped it off today whilst putting leather conditioner on it .. lol:sadlike::sadlike:

My lid snapped last week too! Glued it back on and snapped again within a few days... Piece of crap.

I've had three of these break so far - pathetic build quality from Audi I'm afraid.

They're pita, mine broke ages ago.. No replacement part from Audi either! Worst part is it can flip open upon the partaking of Dukes of Hazards style driving :eyebrows: lol

When not cruising on the motorway, I tend to have the armrest up as it gets in the way when changing gear, so I can't live with a broken catch.

You're right about the part - the whole lid has to be replaced. Luckily, every time mine's gone, it's been under warranty.

Email Stoke audi with your chassis number, they will give you price for complete lid, in leather mine was £90, needed to replace red leather with soul black cloth is around £65 looking on eBay

You can find Stoke audi in the approved traders section on here

To be honest it will only break again so i would learn to live with it...i have :)

Aint that the truth mate :)

warranty just ran out not long ago, not impressed!

I'd have a go anyway if I were you. If the fault is an inherent one then they have to fix it even out of warranty. Given the sheer number of these things that break, it's patently an inherent problem. I'd point that out to the dealer and, if they don't budge, call Audi UK to complain.

As ever then - VAG keeping the weaknesses / faults just running & running through models. Same fault used to happen on my mk4 Golf, but at least then you could either try to glue it or buy just the button part at the front & fix it for £10 or so.

Obviously too cheap a fix, so was designed out, so now you need the whole lid. Nice touch!

What do you guys do to break the catch ?

A little bit of care and consideration it won't break - mine hasn't anyway.!

Mike, I think the main problem is when closing the lid, if you just push on the top of the lid to click the lid closed this puts a shear strain on the pathetic plastic handle. Mine broke so I glued it back and broke off again a few days later.

Mike, I think the main problem is when closing the lid, if you just push on the top of the lid to click the lid closed this puts a shear strain on the pathetic plastic handle. Mine broke so I glued it back and broke off again a few days later.

Ah - that's it then. Don't slam the lid down and ease the catch gently as you close it !!

That's what I must be doing !

I used to use mine all the time as I kept my phone in the cradle in there. Since I no longer do this I don't use it as much but, when I did, I developed the habit of lifting the catch when I put the lid down, much like you press the button on the handbrake when you lift it rather than let it drag up the ratchet.

Sadly mine broke and was still useable but has now jammed down so I cant open it. Is it a case of just giving it a tug or is there something that need to be released??

AUDI - .

This may help a few of you with the parts listings.

Unfortunately locally here in Australia a new lid is beyond ridiculous in pricing.

So no body has the part number for it?? (lid that is)

As always there are many versions of the lid depending on what colour and whether cloth or leather.

The basic number is :- 8P0 864 245 and then the suffix A, B, C, etc. etc. for the material. A further code is added after that for which colour.

Cloth is about £40 and leather about £65.

Haha, yeah mega rich.

Coilovers = 2 minute noodles for a decade for me haha..

S3, 07/08/09 about 75-85k AUD new from audi rrp. (no mines not new before you say it lol i could only wish)

Haha, yeah mega rich.

Coilovers = 2 minute noodles for a decade for me haha..

S3, 07/08/09 about 75-85k AUD new from audi rrp. (no mines not new before you say it lol i could only wish)

Well done for at least getting one then mate. EDIT - should have said 'good on yer cobber' shouldn't I ?!!! :laugh:

Look after and enjoy ! :beerchug:

Last edited:
i don't understand how this is such a common thing. my 1.6 was ABUSED daily and it's armrest was as new by the end of it - certainly nowhere near breaking it's latch or anything