Improved Handling Without Lowering Or Massive Loss In Comfort

A4SLineJC

Reaction score
Hello

As the title says really, would like to improve the handling on my A3 Sportback 3.2 DSG without lowering, slight drop will be OK and would like to keep the ride on the softer side of hard, any ideas/suggestions or am I asking the impossible

Last edited:
stiffer front and rear anti roll bars,and a set of stiff walled tyres such as bridgestone

you could consider TT front arms - it's quite expensive tho

Anti Lift kit?

would make the ride stiffer in all likelihood - or at least it would if you changed all your bushes for stiffer ones which apparently you're meant to do if you go for an ALK (otherwise the OEM ones get worn faster - or at least that's what i read when i was considering getting one)

As mentioned new ARBs and the Anti Lift kit are a great place to start.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks, just checked your site but you don't list them for my car, 3.2 awd? Picking up on the H&R thread running would that be a viable option or best to stick with ALK and new ARB? Getting more confused by the minute but don't want to make the wrong decision

As mentioned, ARB's would be very effective. I had KW's on my previous car an was amazed at the improvement.

If you're considering a slight drop, how about some S-Line springs - it'll keep the OEM sporty look, improve handling and improve the ride. I have a set for sale. Only covered a small amount of miles too.

I installed a set of Eibach pro springs to my 2.0T quattro s-line, it actually improved the quality of the ride without a noticeable drop in ride height

It hasn't, however, transfored the car's handling into that of a go-cart but I would say its an improvement!

As mentioned, ARB's would be very effective. I had KW's on my previous car an was amazed at the improvement.

If you're considering a slight drop, how about some S-Line springs - it'll keep the OEM sporty look, improve handling and improve the ride. I have a set for sale. Only covered a small amount of miles too.

i don't think your TDI springs will fit his 3.2

Get the Haldex Sports controller and switch. No drop or change in ride, but changes the handling characteristics dramatically.

Rear ARB just makes the rear have less grip relative to the front, so it gives a net decrease in total grip.

The Haldex HPC transfers more power to the rear sooner, so it gives a net increase in total grip.

I did a whiteline ARB and Anti Lift Kit, turn in is a lot sharper and it puts power down a lot better. Ride is pretty much the same.