help with replacing single din concert stereo to double din concert stereo (mp3)

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi everybody, hope you can help me because i have spent ages trying to find out what i need to convert my single din concert to the new double din concert 3 stero! Now then, i have all the bits, stereo, keys, double din cage, everything! the only ting i dont have is the wire adapter, harness, i didnt realise but the connectionat the back of the single din concert is totaly different to the double din concert! were can i get a an adapter? is it the same as the rns-e adapter because it does look very similiar. I hope somebody can help me with this and give me a little advice because i am realy struggling with it.

Many thanks

Chris

Mate if your going to this bother why not buy RNSe, you'll still need the quadlock etc and if you sell both the concert units you have it will get back some of the cost?

I would buy an RNS E but i just cant afford it, thats going to set me back £500-£600. Atleast iff ive got the double din cage and wireing etc then when i can afford it i can just buy the rns e and it will slot straight in! So do you know what harness i need? is it the same as the rns e wiring? my sound system is NON BOSE.

Cheers

Hey chrisy t,

I am also looking to do the single to double din conversion, but to fit an rns-e.

The only thing holding me back at the moment is the price of plastics.
Where did you get the plastics and cage etc from?

Ive looked at the guide and it says if i go to audi they it will cost around £150 for them.

Do you knwo where i can get them cheaper?

Sorry for jumping into your thread haha

haha no problem, i actualy bought the cage, climate controlls, with switches and double din cage all as one off ebay for £180, i thought this was a good price. Just keep looking on ebay, i think that would be the best place to find a cage, ill keep my eyes open for you. Have you any idea what adapter i need to get to fit the new concert 3 stereo?

Cheers
Chris

I did this conversion a cost me @ £500 including the Rns-e - £100 cage and buttons inc new climate control with heated seats, £350 for Rns-e and £50 for harness of Kufatec (ps if you order a harness spec it with Bluetooth even if you don't have now you can always add later, but will need new harness if not ordered).
I got someone to fit my cage but he said quite straight forward to do.

This link is great - hope it helps

DIY:Single to Double Din Conversion for Audi A3

I meant to say i also got the double din concert 3 unit for that price!

Were did you get your rns e from for that price? that seems realy cheap!

Cheers

where did you get the cage etc?

RNS-E I got from this forum and cage from e-bay - I had to buy a couple of cages as I first purchased 1 without buttons (big mistake) as the buttons will cost as much as whole unit.

I done my facelift conversion for 80 Inc cage and all buttons and tray. You can see pictures in my thread like I said toucan do it yourself but take your time don't get frustrated and start yanking the cage out . It basically comes out slightly sideways and down at an angle

b899ae43.jpg

Last edited:
Can any one in London (UK) do this for me? I'll pay £100. I have all the parts. Double din cage and buttons. All i need is someone to fit the cage, buttons, my navigation system and trim the climate control. Email me on: juned90@hotmail.co.ukif anyone can do this. I will travel to you if you are in london