Newbie alert!

roston100

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just in the process of buying an 04 plate Audi A3 2litre TDI :) hoping to pick it up this wednesday. Havent got any big plans for it as i love the car as it looks as standard. I do however like the roof spoiler that is on the sline models so will be looking to get myself 1 of those - does anyone know roughly how much 1 will set me back? Also wondering what are the differences between the s line and the standard tdi sport?

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to the forum:rockwoot:

Lol i did laugh at what you said, that will not last mate on this forum lol!
Havent got any big plans for it as i love the car as it looks as standard.
S-line spoiler will set you back £200-£250 or a votex spoiler £150. Do a quick search there been a few threads regarding both spoilers. And check with Stoke audi a sponsor on here for prices as they are normally cheaper than other dealers.
S-line has better Spec than a Sport...S-line has leather seats, standard 18', rear spoiler, different steering wheel, aluminum inlay, its suspension is lower than the Sports etc.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply - ill have a search for the exhaust. I think ill go for the S line one if possible - i assume i can buy 1 direct from audi? Is the exhaust tip any different? Reason i ask is that i have seen on stoke audi that they do a chrome tip for the A3

thanks

thanks for the reply - ill have a search for the exhaust. I think ill go for the S line one if possible - i assume i can buy 1 direct from audi? Is the exhaust tip any different? Reason i ask is that i have seen on stoke audi that they do a chrome tip for the A3

thanks

No problem mate. If im honest i dont really know that much about the tips. As i just had a custom exhaust done, but a few of the other guys have done that mod and will be able to answer that for you.

fantastic - thanks for your help!

No problem:thumbsup: This may be a guess but with the exhaust tips i think you can just weld them on.
But im sure the other guys will be able to confirm this for you. Once you get the car get some photos up

Welcome & sorry.

Whatever you do, dont buy a spoiler of ebay unless its a genuine oem audi version, especially steer clear of garyf1971, his spoilers are absolutely *****, usually bubble up later after painting, doesnt give a ***** if you have issues either.

thanks for the advice! I will only be buying OE equipment for this car :)

Just did a search and the s-line spoiler seems quite complicated to fit - with most recommending the vortex spoiler. Can anyone tell me where i can get a vortex spoiler?

A3 Roof Spoiler - Stoke Audi Parts
is that the 1?

Go on Stoke Audi page at the bottom of the forum they do the 3door votex spoiler for £130. Speak to Dave he will sort you out.

cheers for the heads up - have just sent him a PM! Does anyone here have experience of this spoiler? ie how does it work with the brake light etc?

I found the votex one looks too square for the 8P, the rounded of sline/s3 version looks allot nicer, its not hard to fit at all & no different from the votex one, may have to cut 2 threaded bolts of that a dremel will sort in 2 minutes flat, but same process as votex.

what does 8p stand for?

So if i go for the sline version what happens the break light?

thanks

8P is the chassis type, like the older A4 was 8E & the new A4 is B8 etc

what does 8p stand for?

So if i go for the sline version what happens the break light?

thanks

8p is the a3 model 2003-onwards and 8L is the a3 upto 2003
I had my exhaust chopped off the back,got 2 stainless steel sleeves and got 2 scirrocco stainless trims 70mm and had em welded on,cost about 120 fitted

I have the genuine Audi chrome exhaust tips you mentioned. They are really easy to fit, just push and twist on and are on solidly then. They fit perfectly over the existing pipes and look like they were made that way, as in you cant tell there add ons.

These are standard on the Tdi 170's S Line and Sport I think and will not fit the down turned earlier 140 Twin pipe models and as they are not needed on S Line or Sport models... what does that leave... very few models!:gaehn:

Last edited:
ah ok - thanks for the reply though!

Is there anyone who knows if these will fit? or if there are any other options for a 2.0 TDI exhaust?

thanks

do as i did and benskin did go to an custom exhaust place and get them to weld on some trims for you alot cheaper than buying from audi and looks just as good

Not really wanting to change much on the car tbh. Things i have planned are: pressed number plates, german number plate surrounds, s-line/votex spoiler, LED rear plate lights and id like a nice exhaust tip. I only really thought of it having seen it on the Stoke Audi website. I may consider getting one welded on as fnmrst suggested though!

mine cost me a very cheap £55 all in mine used to be a single exhaust but when i got the votex rear diffuser it looked daft so got that sorted promptly