Cold Air in Passenger footwell?

thorpyuk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post! :)

I seem to be having a small heating issue - i'm getting a constant flow of cold air near the centre console in the front passenger footwell. Has anyone had any similar issues?

Thanks!

I know what you mean - i think i have that too - could be to do with the pollen filter??

hi guys, i have known things like this to happen with cars. as i have my own garage sometimes things like this are caused by blocked pollen filters and deteriorated pollen filters...... strip it down and take a look and see if its block up with leaves and ***** and get a new pollen filter :)

Why would this cause freezing cold air to come in if it's just a filter? The cold air stops when air controll unit is turned off

The climate control mechanism relies on several motorised flaps operating to direct the air through either the heater or the cooler matrix. If these flaps don't operate correctly, or they are jammed, the air does not flow correctly. Thus, you get air at the wrong temperature. Suggest you consider looking to see if the flaps are working corrrectly, or are jammed with debris. Not an easy task. Anyway, get a look at the flaps if you can by removing the pollen filter and poking around the flaps. If a flap has jammed it looks like a devil of job to get the climate control system out for servicing. Good luck

update: car has always been serviced at audi... just looked behind the glove box and this is what i can see... i take it this is where the cabin filter goes? there was not even any kind of cover there? like a door?
536f57ef.jpg

Yup.....looks like your pollen filter is completely missing. I believe that there should be a plastic panel (door) and inside a filter. Time to go see Audi...:angrymod:
Cheers.

What came of this - as i have a pollen filter in mine but the air is cold and certainly noticeable.
Do i really need to take the pollen filter out and check the vents inside??
How would you go about it?
Is there an eaqsier way - could vagcom check it??

Taking out the pollen filter may not after all be a solution. The whole air-management system requires multiple vents, flaps and motors to operate correctly. One thing you could look at is the hot water inlet valve. There is some kind of solenoid valve that lets hot water circulate into the internal heater matrix. This is commanded by the temperature control system. If this valve is not operating, or or stuck closed, then you will get no heating inside.
Worth checking the valve and the associated fuse. Sorry, but I do not know of an easy way to diagnose cold air problems.

i get the same prob too could it be that ive put in pollen filter in wrongly as ive just serviced it myself i get warm air no probs in my car if it helps cheers

I put the pollen filter in and purchased the door make sure the door is clipped on tightly as sometimes the slightest gap makes cold air rush into the car. All sorted now amazing what 14 quid can do

Reactions: L_W_WARD
just out of curiosity have you fitted a facelift climate unit?

edit: nice to see you got it sorted

Thanks mate. I only fitted a double din one. Not the newer chrome unit but I used the internal board from my single din one as it was all working fine

glad you got it sorted mate i think i'll take out the filter and refit it to see if i put it in wrongly

imnot sure if mine has gone back in correctly

What way should the filter go in

I have had a play with the sliding door and the cold air comes out but if apply pressure to the door it seals it and stops. I have to find out how to get it sealed properly lol

Elsa mentions the addition of a screw if the catches are broken & no longer support the flap. The cutout end goes towards the electric motor looking at the diagram.

the side with the cut off corner points towards the centre console. and u really need to make sure that the bottom of the pollen filter acts as a seal over the door. and the clips are all in theyre catches. then it takes a tough push to fully slide it all the way sometimes it seemed like it was clipped in but it needed another few milimetres

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me where to purchase this pollon filter cover? mine is missing but when i push the filter inside it heats up.