S3 suspension changes?

pistol79

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know if theres a way of changing the suspention to improve the ride as I find it quite harsh due to some terrible roads round my way, Or if I swap for one with magnetic ride is there a 'soft' option?

Thanks for any replys

Danny

not that i know of matey.. maybe you could try coilovers.. never experienced the magnetic ride but ive heard its better on the TT.. id go for some Bilsteins or KWv3's

not that i know of matey.. maybe you could try coilovers.. never experienced the magnetic ride but ive heard its better on the TT.. id go for some Bilsteins or KWv3's

The mag-ride is equivalent to standard on one setting and hard on the other.

The KwV3 suspension is vastly superior to the OEM suspension but it is much stiffer,so what the OP is after isn't going to be met by that either.
It does have far better control though.

I reckon you will struggle to get an aftermarket set up that is softer than OEM.

Paul

Hi

Just what I have been thinking, the car is great apart from the ride, which is not too bad but could be better on certain roads, Konis are available:

Thank you for your interest in KONI the correct part number is 2100-4090. Iu would like to read further into this follow are blog by following this link KONI FSD. We do not have the audi listed but this is the correct part number recommended by KONI.

My only concern is that the Konis seem to be a universal fitment for Golfs and A3s rather than S3 specific, so presumably would be slightly longer as not for the lower suspension? This could raise the ride height and possibly improve the ride by not compressing the springs as much at rest? I'm happy to have a slightly higher ride - better for some of the roads I occasionally have to use, but presumably this would also upset the headlamp height, there is a control link from memory?

The FSD could be the answer to the ride with variable frequency, which has been used in F1 for many years, but has anyone got any feedback on the Konis on an S3?

Regards Gray S

2008 S3 Red

eibach -30mm springs and koni fsd dampers give approx the same s3 ride height, but the ride is much less crashy, more comfy and the damping is much better than the oem stuff - its all win win for once (apart from costing money of course)

Thanks Guys Dunk etc thats definatly sent me in the right direction. P