Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Steaming up headlights

Hi all, im getting my headlamps and foglights steaming up after it rains, or wash the car, anyone else had this- 58plate

2. # ADS
    ADS

MPG the new BPH

Status
    shoulnt be happening at all unless they are cheap upgraded parts. its still warrenty go see audi.

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●̮̮̃•̃)

Status
    All of them?
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    I have the same mate, 09 A3. The inside of the headlights is clearly stained with water marks. Audi refuse to do anything, saying that if I can ever SEE water inside the headlight, to take it to them immediately and get it photographed by their warranty manager, but unless there's WATER in them, not steam/marks, then jack they can do - would love to hear from another dealer about that. I'm guessing yours are the facelift LED/Xenon lights, same as mine?

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, I've noticed I've got dust (not quite the same, but same principle) and I'd like to know how to get em cleaned!
    8P Audi A3 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - what a change from my 1.0L CorsaC!!!

follow me on Twitter - Jonay1990 for #Photography #Aviation #Mil #Automotive #Subsea

5th Gear

Status
    Please let me know if anyone gets it fixed under warranty as I'll get mine done!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie123 View Post
    All of them?
    Yes, both headlams, and both foglights.
    Not had time to go to dealer yet, but as soon as it does it again, i will photograph and post it

Interior Next!!

Status
    i have same problem... i also have dust behind the glass on my instrument cluster which is very very
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

5th Gear

Status
    I've took some photos of mine tonight & gonna push it with Audi UK to see what I get back. Can you guys take some pics of yours too please?

Here's mine:
    Bad headlights pictures by scott1andrews - Photobucket

MPG the new BPH

Status
    why are the older a3s ok?

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Top Gear!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Please let me know if anyone gets it fixed under warranty as I'll get mine done!
    My dad had this problem on his RS6 just shortly after getting it, audi fixed it there and then only took a few days IIRC

EDIT: also on my new headlights this happened for the first few days i think its gone now
    Last edited by Stiggles; 8th October 2010 at 00:03.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    My dad had this problem on his RS6 just shortly after getting it, audi fixed it there and then only took a few days IIRC

EDIT: also on my new headlights this happened for the first few days i think its gone now
    dealerships treat you differently when you buy an Ł80k car compared to when you buy a Ł20k one.

you guys absolutely must get this repaired under warranty. i've been disappointed with Audi's build quality of late
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

5th Gear

Status
    I've sent an e-mail to Jeremy Hicks and he personally responded this morning saying they'd look into it.

Neutral

Status
    Yeh id get them sorted thats stupid from a new Ł23k car and when warrenty runs out and m.o.t time comes you will have to replace all affected lights out of your own pocket which i expect will be at least 1k.

Reverse Gear

Status

misting

It's happenened to me..
    It is mentioned in the handbook as a result of moisture, and it does clear up, so I wouldn't worry..

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS3 View Post
    It's happenened to me..
    It is mentioned in the handbook as a result of moisture, and it does clear up, so I wouldn't worry..
    Mine has been there for many months, so I wonder how long it takes to clear up? Also the inside is actually stained as a result of dirty water I'd imagine, it's not just misted, as that would be ok. I don't see this sort of thing on any other 'premium' car, or at least I haven't noticed it.