EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32

    99% bought my first audi A3 2.0 tdi s-line

    well been looking for a audi for some time now, just the right 1 has never came up. but think my luck might of changed, just waiting on a few things to be tied up, and i'll be the owner of my first audi, it is a 56 plate A3 2.0 tdi s-line (not a quattro ) 36k on clock. 13k is the price iv came to with them. im px my astra vxr , which they would only give me 8750, only paid 13k 12/13 month's ago , and still see them going for 12k with no way near my spec and milage, i must be to give it away for that price, but just can not be botherd to loook around, as have no time on my hands, any way's less of my . onward's and upwar'ds so the BIG Q'S

    where to start ?????? i really want to power upped straight away as it is only a 140 bhp, thought it was still ok for a derv. but a big drop from a 265bhp /270 lbs/ft astra vxr , so a good tunner that could remap it for me would be great, then would like LED front light's . as it's only standard's on it . and a good set of alloy's rs spec... then go from there.. so any advice would be very greatful .

    kind regard's micky
    Last edited by mickytdi; 25th September 2010 at 15:52.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    warrenlord's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    778
    Seems like you have been shafted on that deal but if you didnt have the time and couldn't be bothered then fairs do's. Hope you enjoy your knew car anyway

  4. #3
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Telford
    Posts
    2,488
    Sounds a bad deal, poor p/x price and 13k is no bargain, hope its got full leather, nav, cruise, xenon lights for that price?

    Get it remapped and it wont be much slower than your VXR, unfortunately a remapped 170 is not great on derv so i hope you havent changed for fuel economy reasons?
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    16
    i also have an 06/56 plate. is it possible to have an LED front light conversion?

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenlord View Post
    Seems like you have been shafted on that deal but if you didnt have the time and couldn't be bothered then fairs do's. Hope you enjoy your knew car anyway
    ?? why you say shafted mate??? iv looked around and it's prced the same if not less than most with that spec. i will agree with you on the price there giving me. but in all honesty just have not the time . wish i did.

    kind regards micky

  7. #6
    heeman10's Avatar
    Audi driver since Dec 08

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    388
    That sounds like a horrendous deal
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

  8. #7
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,803
    First of all welcome to the forum. What sort of miles are on the car and spec wise?
    For a remap try revo, customcode etc there a few check out the FAQ. That is low on the px have you tried selling it private could get bit more on a quick sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstanley View Post
    i also have an 06/56 plate. is it possible to have an LED front light conversion?
    Yes but its not cheap check out the FAQ
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    Sounds a bad deal, poor p/x price and 13k is no bargain, hope its got full leather, nav, cruise, xenon lights for that price?

    Get it remapped and it wont be much slower than your VXR, unfortunately a remapped 170 is not great on derv so i hope you havent changed for fuel economy reasons?

    yeah the price they are giving me for my car is not good at all !! but have'nt got the time to shop about, in all honesty !


    the finale price after every thing is done is 12,373. come's with full leather i-pod connection.+ 3 year tyre swap (e,g ..if i get a flat tyre which need's replacing 0r 4 at any given time for up to 10 time's ..each tyre can cost up to 250 per tyre ! + wheel refurb for 3 year's + gap insurance. no xeon light's though which i wanted ...but though get them after ????

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by heeman10 View Post
    That sounds like a horrendous deal

    do you think it's a bad deal on the car mate??? or my car ??

  11. #10
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    hi ben, yeah it has 36 k on the clock 56 plate.. spec is ....C/C I-pod conection/ climate control/ dual air condetion control's/ full leather/ 18'' alloy wheel's/ in lavay gray (look's black) it's only a 140 bhp s-line spec ...

    thank's will have a good look through the FAQ'S cheer's mate.

    yeah not had the time to try sell in private, in all honesty just have not the time.


    thank's for the help .

    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    First of all welcome to the forum. What sort of miles are on the car and spec wise?
    For a remap try revo, customcode etc there a few check out the FAQ. That is low on the px have you tried selling it private could get bit more on a quick sale.



    Yes but its not cheap check out the FAQ

  12. #11
    heeman10's Avatar
    Audi driver since Dec 08

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    388
    I meant losing over 4,000 on your own car in the space of a single year. I'd expect to hear that on a 40k car, but on a Vauxhall that would make me whince If it's the one I see on Audi's site at 12,990, if you had sold your Astra privately, you could potentially have walked straight in there with the cash for the A3, and possibly even have had to give them no more than an additional 500 to buy the car outright. If you haven't signed anything yet, I would look to do that. Other cars will come up if you miss this particular car, but if you're happy to kiss 4,000 because you're a bit stuck for time.....I'll keep schtum
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

  13. #12
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    Need to replace the whole front end for LEDs on the 8P2. I've been quoted 4k for the conversion, assuming the front wings can be modded to fit.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  14. #13
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by heeman10 View Post
    I meant losing over 4,000 on your own car in the space of a single year. I'd expect to hear that on a 40k car, but on a Vauxhall that would make me whince If it's the one I see on Audi's site at 12,990, if you had sold your Astra privately, you could potentially have walked straight in there with the cash for the A3, and possibly even have had to give them no more than an additional 500 to buy the car outright. If you haven't signed anything yet, I would look to do that. Other cars will come up if you miss this particular car, but if you're happy to kiss 4,000 because you're a bit stuck for time.....I'll keep schtum
    yeah see where you are coming from. is a lot to lose. i aint signed the dotted line to confirm it is mine. just every thing eles.. was ment to be going tomorrow to sign the rest. .. all the reply's have got me thinking.. so think i'll give it a miss... yeah it was the lavy grey which audi ''were'' and ''still'' are selling at 12,990 think i might try it private for a week or so see what happends... just alway's been 1 of these people that hate all the fuse/strees....a pakage hol is what i like pay and done with it.. a lot stress free...any thing for a easy life mate... but thank's think i'll be very silly to not at least try selling it my self ...



    and thank's for the rest of your lads comment's.



  15. #14
    warrenlord's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by mickytdi View Post
    ?? why you say shafted mate??? iv looked around and it's prced the same if not less than most with that spec. i will agree with you on the price there giving me. but in all honesty just have not the time . wish i did.

    kind regards micky
    i said shafted as i felt it is a poor deal. but thats just my opinion mate, as i said if you didnt have the time then thats the only choice you had/have.

    others will come around, try sell your own, most of the above comments will help.
    Last edited by warrenlord; 25th September 2010 at 18:05.

  16. #15
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    personally i would have taken it to a vauxhall garage to unload it. they'd have given you more money for it, but at the same time they might not have given you as good a deal because you weren't buying a car off them. the two might have cancelled out but it was worth checking first
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  17. #16
    heeman10's Avatar
    Audi driver since Dec 08

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    388
    Giving it a bit of time and thought, and checking out your options instead of diving straight in with a car that ticks a lot of boxes (perhaps not all your boxes), is definitely a good idea. It looks to me like they've caught a whiff of the rush you're in and completely taken advantage.
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

  18. #17
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenlord View Post
    i said shafted as i felt it is a poor deal. but thats just my opinion mate, as i said if you didnt have the time then thats the only choice you had/have.

    others will come around, try sell your own, most of the above comments will help.

    yeah going to give this deal a miss , all down to you folk bringing me back down to earth so to speak (which is all GOOD) as you and other have said,, is a bad deal. to bad me think.

    kindregard's

    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    personally i would have taken it to a vauxhall garage to unload it. they'd have given you more money for it, but at the same time they might not have given you as good a deal because you weren't buying a car off them. the two might have cancelled out but it was worth checking first

    yeah i thought about taking it back to vx , and thought as you would of give me a good of a deal as not after another vx... just not like any of there new range and the shap vxr is not out till late 2011/ early 2012.. but like said is worth checking.. but then it's time i dont have and a lot of driving stress which i could do with out at the mo to be honest mate.... but think after all the comment's on here iv been thinking it's best to try another route first.

    kind regard's

  19. #18
    devonmikeyboy's Avatar
    As far from JBS as possible !

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    Basic power mods for the PD140
    Good remap = 190ish bhp
    Standard bolt on hybrid turbo (GT2056v ) and remap 220 ish bhp 340-380 lb torque
    After that your talking uprated injectors only good for about 275-285 bhp ) after that propane injection, custom tubular manifold with whatever turbo you like.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

    Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

  20. #19
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    Basic power mods for the PD140
    Good remap = 190ish bhp
    Standard bolt on hybrid turbo (GT2056v ) and remap 220 ish bhp 340-380 lb torque
    After that your talking uprated injectors only good for about 275-285 bhp ) after that propane injection, custom tubular manifold with whatever turbo you like.

    thank's for that infor mikey , very good bit of infor that i will keep in mind , good man.


    kind regard's

  21. #20
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by heeman10 View Post
    Giving it a bit of time and thought, and checking out your options instead of diving straight in with a car that ticks a lot of boxes (perhaps not all your boxes), is definitely a good idea. It looks to me like they've caught a whiff of the rush you're in and completely taken advantage.

    yeah after a bit time to myself i have to agree with you on that i was in a bit of a rush, and they seen it !!! . they really wanted it over and done with there and then . . was going to buy there and then but , once i seen the price they offerd my vxr for i started to think.

    kind regard's

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO