Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet

Status

upgrading brakes,calipers and pads....

morning gents....

wondering if anyone can help me out...

As you may know I have decided to go for mods that will improve the look and handling on my 2004 2.0 A3 fsi rather than speed as we know this is pointless.

I want to upgrade my brakes and actually one of the mods I have never done on past cars so dont know alot about it.

Can anyone supply me with information, full prices, pictures and any good companys that will actually supply and fit?.

I really wanna add this to my list to get done as think that it would def improve not only the handling but the look.

Dnt know if it will make much difference to what I can fit or not but currently running 18's BBS splits but will be upgrading to some Bentleys that are 19's

sorry to say I wont be making AITP this year but will def be there next year so see you then or see possibly at Edition38 in September.

James
    A3 2.0 FSI metallic Pearl/ Liquid Blue, 18" BBS Calito's, rear Parking Sensors, Full Votex Kit, Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Cruise Control, Auto Lights and Rain sensor Wipers, Facelift Rear Lights, Personal German Pressed Plate (G9MBO).

Immediate TDL
    Calito's redone in pearl white
    Roof/Spoiler and wing mirrors wrapped in pearl white
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade
    BMC CDA Induction - hope it sounds lush..

2. # ADS
    ADS

Interior Next!!

Status
    well what sort of brake upgrade we talkin?? S3 or BBK??
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Status
    what kind of upgrade can I do on my car mate?...sorry like I said havent done a brake upgrade before so not sure what I can actually do and whats the best option... thanks bro
    A3 2.0 FSI metallic Pearl/ Liquid Blue, 18" BBS Calito's, rear Parking Sensors, Full Votex Kit, Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Cruise Control, Auto Lights and Rain sensor Wipers, Facelift Rear Lights, Personal German Pressed Plate (G9MBO).

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

Interior Next!!

Status
    well look.. if you want brakes for looks then typically you would go with a BBK (brembo,Porsche,... if your looking to improve braking performance i would say something like an s3 upgrade would be more than sufficient... the best person to speak to is Nath (N8) he knows some people in that market...
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

4th Gear

Status
    S3 brakes will be more than enough for your car. Infact 312mm will also be good. Depends on your budget. S3 setup will cost about 300-400 second hand, try ebay breakers. 312mm will be cheaper. Or if you feeling flush brembos 380mm are the way forward, but expect to pay a few grand

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

Status
    thanks for that guys.... I would love to get Brembo but as you said I think I could be looking at a few grand... will the S3 set up go straight on or will modding be needed?. apart from this 2 options are there any other optons I should know about?.

Thanks again dudes..

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

Quattro Drive

Status
    I think that the S3 set up should be a straight fit. I upgraded my 312's to the S3 brakes without any modding at all. I still have the whole setup from my car if you want it, only 500 miles on them and not even fully bedded in. PM me if you're interested!

Apart from what has been mentioned here I think the only other options are things like R8 and TTRS BBK's, but that will cost you a lot too...
    Ibis White 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro Black Edition

LOOKING FOR - Black facelift wingmirrors
    FOR SALE - 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes - Only 500 miles on them from new! 275+Delivery

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Best talk to David Brown better known as DavidB1970 on the forums as he sales brakes and knows more then everyone combined on this site. davebrown.home@btinternet.com .
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Status
    hey... looking at the set up that DAN! has for sale which is 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes and just wanted to know if anyone knows if this will be a direct replacement for my current standard set up and if these are s3 or other..?. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

6th Gear

Status
    I dont think R8s will fit as they are radial mounted, you would need to try to make adaptors
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Status
    Thanks Khufu what about the 312's?.. will they be a direct fit?. Thanks mate

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

6th Gear

Status
    im sure as long as you get the carriers to they will be fine. Im guessing you have 288mm on yours at the moment?

Status
    yeh mate standard 288's... DAN! has the whole kit and can get it off him for a gd price do you think it will be a noticeable and worth while mod to updrade to the 312's? Thanks again mate

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

6th Gear

Status

Status
    Thanks for that mate... so you think the 312's would not be a vast improvement?... sorry just thought with only 500 miles wear on them that DAN! ones that he has up for grabs seemd a pretty decent upgrade?

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade