Wider downpipe on 2.0tdi 140

staitesidestory

Reaction score
Anyone on here using a wider downpipe on their tdi. Would be intreted to know how much diffrence it makes in power with an exhast as well? Also do miltek make a downpipe for the tdi's?

Yeah Milltek make a full turbo back kit for the 2.0 TDi resonated and non res. Ive not got one as i dont think the gains are worth the price for the full exhaust

waste of money - for the 2.0 tdi, the cat can be degutted (cheap way) or a cat replacement downpipe, and the rear box is a bit restrictive, otherwise its all limited by the turbo output anyway

Not true, was by far the best thing I did to my car, just hunt for a bargain, It is 100% worth it, turbo spools up loads faster thanks to the Cat going and the less restrictive pipework definitely makes the car much more drivable! I highly recommend a Miltek! Oh did I mention the noise! Quiet when driven sensibly, very gutsy and proud when you give it some!

Joe

Not true, was by far the best thing I did to my car, just hunt for a bargain, It is 100% worth it, turbo spools up loads faster thanks to the Cat going and the less restrictive pipework definitely makes the car much more drivable! I highly recommend a Miltek! Oh did I mention the noise! Quiet when driven sensibly, very gutsy and proud when you give it some!

Joe

The only restrictive part of the exhaust is the back box. Removing the cat on a standard or remapped car makes no difference. Swapping the exhaust gained you a few bhp it`s just that the turbo can now spool faster with a less restrictive back box that makes any difference.