How do I allign the xenons on the S3?

drfeelgood

Reaction score
Seems my drivers side xenon is much higher then my left hand side, by a massive amount, when i pull up to a car one looks almost dipped while the other is almost blinding. I would of thought Audi would of picked this up when they did there checks. Is this a take it to audi job for them to allign them, i have read there are screws on the headlamp which adjust the beam height, however i think on the s3 they auto allign?

Any help would be massivly appricated

This has been discussed fair few times on ASN, so maybe do a search before posting up.

To repeat, this could be a sign of a dodgy levelling motor, options are to get new or remove the motor & fix it.

But 1st try adjusting & yes vagcom would be used only to set a position, so you can adjust them manually, you need to do this on an mot bay of course as level, then set with vagcom the position then manually adjust to the lense, then turn of the vagcom setting & test if they both work at same height at night, if not then removal of the relevant headlight thats faulting would be needed.

Where abouts are you?

Over in watford, im fully covered under warrenty though

I would tackle them 1st then mate if warrantied, if they wanna charge then give me a shout back as I can look at it for you at a fair bit cheaper per hour.

i have a simerler problem with mine both being to low and when on normal not full beam they are so weak its not even funny.so tyhe is a way to manualy change the hight you say?

Its one of those situations where they have over engineered it. Great having xenons, not great when you need them alliged

i have a simerler problem with mine both being to low and when on normal not full beam they are so weak its not even funny.so tyhe is a way to manualy change the hight you say?

There are 2 manual adjusting screws yes, but the best thing to do is fix the problem as it could get worse oif motors havnt yet dropped all way down.