Custom exhaust question

mitalm

Audi A3
Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about going to get a 'custom' exhaust from a longlife branch in basingstoke, just wondering what people's opinions are of the exhausts?
I say 'custom' because I know that it's a pre-made backbox put in with the specified tail pipe, but I think I'd prefer this as hopefully they will raise the pipes and cut into the valance to make it look much nicer.

I am also thinking about lowering the car and am wondering how low this new backbox will sit in case it causes any problems with speed bumps etc...

Thanks.

Mital

Another PowerFlow esque dealer from what I can gather, no flow testing, no mandrel bender and using universal off the shelf silencers (although I will happily be corrected). I would say as per PowerFlow and the results I've seen of their work you will more likely than not see a drop in power than an increase. In short. keep shopping.

Hayward & Scott are the daddy custom exhaust manufacturers and iirc their cat back systems start from about £450, or keep your eyes open for a Miltek as they are excellent off the shelf systems although I have had some minor fitment issues

I have a custom exhaust and its spot on. Twin silencers and twin tailpipes. Lovely...

Really nicely done too :)

Go and have a look at their work before you decide, I did and was impressed although it wasnt at the same place youre looking at. No drop in power either...cant see why there would be to be honest. All bends properly done and really nice good quality silencers were used.