Badger5Chris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

s3 brake upgrades? also other tuning.

hi, ive recently had a rear caliper ceasing issue. i have rectified this however im considering upgrading them and im looking for help as to what i can fit with ease. im also looking at upgrading the suspension and dont know what most people opt for. any other engine tuning tips/guides would help, it has been remapped, or so i believe.

any help would be most appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Rotors: EBC or Black Diamond
    Pads: Ferrodo

Suspension: H&R springs, Bilstein dampers

Thats what i have concluded form reading on this forum

Neutral

Status
    how do you know if ur calipar has ceased cos my getting a weird noise from the back when driving slowly

1st Gear

Status
    my rear left pads where completely worn and the rear rights where ok, upon changing pads i tried winding piston back in and would not budge. getting back to brakes i was thinking of larger calipers, discs etc. brembos maybe, any ideas?

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status

Bill/Badger5 on here does a kit for Brembo Jnr Kits as well as the AP eBay kit (circa 8-900).

Apparently the setup mentioned above (black diamond discs with Ferrodo DS2500 pads) is night and day difference and, unless the second hand pair of Brembos I have my eye on come up for sale, this will be next months purchase.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by brys3 View Post
    my rear left pads where completely worn and the rear rights where ok, upon changing pads i tried winding piston back in and would not budge. getting back to brakes i was thinking of larger calipers, discs etc. brembos maybe, any ideas?
    Larger brakes for the rear??? no point...

Rear calipers are best wound in using a pukker tool tbh... I have always used long nose mole grips etc in the past but my S3 ones wouldn't wind in at all... turn but not go in... ended up borrowing a tool and it took 30secs a side...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...