Fitting a sub/amp in my S3??

SamiG

On Boost, ish.
Reaction score
I've got a Vibe CBR10 Active sub which has a built in amp. Very good quality sound.

My s3 has the Bose speaker/sub upgrade but as much as i am happy with it, just wondered if it's possible yo use an aftermarket sub/amp with my OEM set-up?

I've read a few bits here and there but nothing gave me answers i need.

Not massively bothered if i can't as i'll just shift it on but would be nice :)

Thanks

Yes I have fitted a 'Fli' sub with a built in amp in my S3 retaining the Bose system. I contacted Andy-Mac on this forum (audio expert) and got him to make me an adapter/loom that plugs into the old sub plug and gives you all the sub inputs you need such as signal etc... Only extra thing you will have to do is wire in you're own power feed from the battery down the side in the trim.

Only thing is you can't control the sub seperately as it goes up and down with the bass in general as it's still part of the Bose system this way.... but it works really well still to be honest I love it. Puts the old one to shame! HTH

This helps a lot! Thanks! Did you use the Bose amp or your own amp too?? Thanks

he used a fli active like ur vibe active

Last edited:
ahh ok i thought u were someone from a local cruise who goes by the same name. But he had a lexus is200 sitting on the floor and i saw a yellow s3 there a few weeks ago :p

Post in the ICE forum. AndyMac will find it quicker there! or msg him directly.