Boost

Darrenspain

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if I can read boost pressure with blue eBay cable?

Not without a laptop and VAGCOM lol...

If all you want to read is boost then get a boost gauge instead... if you want to log what your engine is doing for diagnostic reasons then VAGCOM (or VCDS as it is now know) with 'a cable'

<tuffty/>

Hi Tuftty thanks for your help I have a boost gauge that reads up to 20psi but my concern is my boost is going past 20 maybe 23/24 psi I only have stage 1 remap not sure what boost should be but would like to do loge to what going on, what would you recommend to log remember I only have shareware Vag thanks daz

I'm not 100% sure but i dont think the shareware version will allow you to do any logging, its uses are very limited like checking and clearing fault codes, minor recoding like antihijack, alarm beep with lock etc.
I use the shareware version and for what i use it for it works ok, would like to get the full version one day though, along with a thousand other things lol.

To add to that, VAGCOM will only read up to the maximum the MAP sensor can read which is 2540 mbar.... you need to take away barometric pressure (typically around 1000 mbar depending on where you are, check local weather stations...) to get the true boost reading...

This would only then read around 21/22 psi so not suitable for what you are looking for... fit a boost gauge (if only temporarily) to see what boost you are getting...

<tuffty/>

Should a stage 1 not be around 21psi anyway or is it higher than that?

Stage 1 will spike to around 21psi yes but hold pressure will be 17 ish...

<tuffty/>

Sweet. I might get myself a boost gauge to check. vagcom and liquid guage are obviously both maxing out at 1.5bar. Be interesting to see what boost level 9 on revo stage 1 is giving.

Sweet. I might get myself a boost gauge to check. vagcom and liquid guage are obviously both maxing out at 1.5bar. Be interesting to see what boost level 9 on revo stage 1 is giving.

Have you not got the updated firmware that has the AGU mode boost reading? uses maf calculations etc to read higher boost and even vacuum... works fairly well...

<tuffty/>

Hmmmm I would assume so it just arrived int he post lol. I havent had a proper look round yet!