Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VX220 SC Driver :)

Status

Had my REVO turned up....

Popped into Badger5 the other night after work to have a chat with Bill about Stage 2 mapping. Was planning on CC stage 2 due to the map on my car currently being unknown. Got chatting about it, and Bill plugged in his REVO cable just to see if the map happened to be a REVO map (I didn't think it was...).

Well, I was 100% wrong, as it was a REVO Stage 1 map.

Anyways, a chat about this with Bill yielded that the map was adjustable and had some more to give me.... He suggested I do some logging to find out a little more about what the engine management was actually doing, and then, all being well, crank it up...

So, did some logging last night and then back to see Bill. Who cranked my boost up to full whack and gave me a bit more timing.

Well, I'm a happy boy. She's going like a scalded cat being chased by a pack of rabid dogs. There isn't actually much more boost being requested by the ECU, however the way in which it is now being delivered is ferocious. It's kept it's progressive feel, but with more punch down the rev band.

Fan-bloody-tastic.

Anyway - debating on going up to REVO Stage 2 now since it will be the upgrade cost. We weren't sure though how much more the engine has to give, but I feel there may be a little more. Maybe. Anyone got REVO stage 2? If so, what were your thoughts on it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    do you now have "nuff boost"?

Status
    LOL. Nuffty boost!!

So, let us debate on how long it will take me to get bored of it and want yet more?

1 week?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

6th Gear

Status
    yeah, 1 week sounds about right

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt82 View Post
    yeah, 1 week sounds about right
    Homer Simpson

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Nah its an engine rebuild per week, a day and half before boredem sets in,lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Be wanting my turbo then mate?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

1st Gear

Status
    I went from Revo stage one on full boost to stage 2 and was slightly disapointed to be honest. Even when i turned the boost up to 9 and played with the timing abit. You lose the aggresive punch when the turbo kicks in. It is alot smoother. Dont get me wrong, you could tell it was pulling better, but just didnt feel the same. My old car is going on the rollers at the weekend so i'm interested to see what its giving out.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchuk View Post
    I went from Revo stage one on full boost to stage 2 and was slightly disapointed to be honest. Even when i turned the boost up to 9 and played with the timing abit. You lose the aggresive punch when the turbo kicks in. It is alot smoother. Dont get me wrong, you could tell it was pulling better, but just didnt feel the same. My old car is going on the rollers at the weekend so i'm interested to see what its giving out.
    Yeah, sweet, let me know....
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Be wanting my turbo then mate?

<tuffty/>
    Will you stop teasing me? Thats like dangling a swedish blonde in front of me.....
    Homer Simpson

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    LOL....

TB mate, I am unlikely to get rid just yet... head first (with supertech valves and springs... eeeek!!)

GT35 will require me to get a SEM inlet mani too, quantum leap in cost.... maybe next year LOL...

Anyhoo... my car is a development platform... I do the work so you don't have to :D

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    What settings you running on the revo stage 1 then? Did you up the timing at all?

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyS3 View Post
    What settings you running on the revo stage 1 then? Did you up the timing at all?
    Boost = 9 Timing = 8
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Boost = 9 Timing = 8
    Quite high then. I can only run boost 9 and timing 7 with a fmic and 99ron fuel. Higher than that and the corrections get too high.

Status
    Yeah, I'm going to evaluate that over a period of time. I'm still only get up to and including 3s on block 020 - but that seems VERY low considering. That engine is running with a large port head - but that still seems too low.

I've got 2 spare knock sensors which I'm going to retrofit for testing purposes just to see.
    Homer Simpson

RIP S3dave

Status
    one thing not checked if there are any adaption channel offsets in place... like ign timing backed off a lot already for example, so the added revo is adding from a -ve position..
    just a thought given we have no clue of whats been done to your car historically.

timing pull a couple of 3's according to the logs

maybe largeport heads just "work" so much better on cylinder filling and flow
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Status
    Well I can see anything upto 7 with timing 7. When I had it on 9 briefly to test i saw 10's at some points. Usually under load going up a hill. You could actually feel its pull back the timing, like a brick wall.

Im thinking about going with Stage 2, boost 9 and maybe timing 6 just to reduce them even further as the gains are negligible.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    one thing not checked if there are any adaption channel offsets in place... like ign timing backed off a lot already for example, so the added revo is adding from a -ve position..
    just a thought given we have no clue of whats been done to your car historically.

timing pull a couple of 3's according to the logs

maybe largeport heads just "work" so much better on cylinder filling and flow
    This is a very good point.

Although I still feel it may be worth knocking it back down to 7 whilst we ascertain what is ze crack.....

I'd feel better trying the other knock sensors, and getting the same results as these, then I'll be smiley and want more timing.... lol
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Revo all the way baby

2nd Gear

Status
    I know I'm running boost 9 but I'm unsure of the timing setting... Could the timing be the reason why my car seems to lag huge amounts just under 3k?

3rd Gear

Status
    Apologies for the lack of knowledge but how does boost and timing work to give the best effect? I'm guessing you all are usuing the sps switches to adjust?
    What's the payoff off having a massive boost and timing low?

RIP S3dave

Status
    adjust with logging to optimise..
    as much timing you can use balanced with as much boost as your car will stand.. and not overworking things, gettign things too hot etc
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

1st Gear

Status
    Hi would any body recomend Revo over AmD cheers

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audia3turrbo View Post
    Haven't had AMD so couldn't really speculate. What are your thoughts Voorhees? As if I need to ask?
    Homer Simpson

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Revo all the way baby
    'cos he's a dedicated follower of fashion'

Custard Code whoops ass
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Status
    Yep allday everyday

Haven't had AMD so couldn't really speculate. What are your thoughts Voorhees? As if I need to ask?
    look at the above

Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    'cos he's a dedicated follower of fashion'

Custard Code whoops ass
    kisses ass more like ha ha

seriously we all get similar power its just where its given which makes them different,Revo keeps you pinned early on which I like.

Status
    which I like.
    Exactly. Personal preference. I agree though, early punch is good.
    Homer Simpson

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ...seriously we all get similar power....

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    I want it to put u back in your chair would this be revo and are u looking at same bhp as it says revo gives u a extra5 bhp

Also is it the same top speed,have not realy had a long strech but what speeds are people getting with just a remap

Also am looking for a sports cat does any body no were i can get one cheap and if its worth getting ?

Thnks guys i have Amd one but looking for a revo as since i have had it its not been all that,will let you guys no how the difference is cheers

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Homer Simpson

Status
    I want it to put u back in your chair would this be revo and are u looking at same bhp as it says revo gives u a extra5 bhp

Also is it the same top speed,have not realy had a long strech but what speeds are people getting with just a remap

Also am looking for a sports cat does any body no were i can get one cheap and if its worth getting ?

Thnks guys i have Amd one but looking for a revo as since i have had it its not been all that,will let you guys no how the difference is cheers
    See here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Or get somewhere like Longlife to knock you one up.
    Homer Simpson

Badger 5 Edition

Status

We don't do speed here (do we Tom....) unless its at Santa Pod or GTI International of course...

Get a Revo, you won't be disappointed, as for a sports cat, don't bother unless you are going for a replacement downpipe as well... if you can't stretch for both, just get the downpipe... negligible gains in power on your setup but the DP should give better spool...

Ok, I did have similar power once... it counts...

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    How much is santa pod also whats the best 0-60 there and what bhp you running also mods thanks guys

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    How much is santa pod also whats the best 0-60 there and what bhp you running also mods thanks guys
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1TH-APRIL-2010

<tuffty/>

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status

yup they all get pretty much the same power and all maps will claim to have more power, torque etc etc and really they are so similar....problem you have is fitting a spikey map on a 2wd, cant see why you would do that when traction is already a problem - could understand if you have an S3, but not an A3

1st Gear

Status
    I realy want to go santa pod but i see there is no space let me no if any crop up as im in the essex area...

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    theres another summer VAG doo in Jully IIRC, get on that one

1st Gear

Status
    whats the link ?

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    santapod.co.uk id suspect

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    whats the link ?
    n00bs!!!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forumdi...days-and-Meets

<tuffty/>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast