Had my REVO turned up....

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Popped into Badger5 the other night after work to have a chat with Bill about Stage 2 mapping. Was planning on CC stage 2 due to the map on my car currently being unknown. Got chatting about it, and Bill plugged in his REVO cable just to see if the map happened to be a REVO map (I didn't think it was...).

Well, I was 100% wrong, as it was a REVO Stage 1 map.

Anyways, a chat about this with Bill yielded that the map was adjustable and had some more to give me.... He suggested I do some logging to find out a little more about what the engine management was actually doing, and then, all being well, crank it up...

So, did some logging last night and then back to see Bill. Who cranked my boost up to full whack and gave me a bit more timing.

Well, I'm a happy boy. She's going like a scalded cat being chased by a pack of rabid dogs. There isn't actually much more boost being requested by the ECU, however the way in which it is now being delivered is ferocious. It's kept it's progressive feel, but with more punch down the rev band.

Fan-******-tastic. :icon_thumright:

Anyway - debating on going up to REVO Stage 2 now since it will be the upgrade cost. We weren't sure though how much more the engine has to give, but I feel there may be a little more. Maybe. Anyone got REVO stage 2? If so, what were your thoughts on it?

LOL. Nuffty boost!!

So, let us debate on how long it will take me to get bored of it and want yet more?

1 week?

I went from Revo stage one on full boost to stage 2 and was slightly disapointed to be honest. Even when i turned the boost up to 9 and played with the timing abit. You lose the aggresive punch when the turbo kicks in. It is alot smoother. Dont get me wrong, you could tell it was pulling better, but just didnt feel the same. My old car is going on the rollers at the weekend so i'm interested to see what its giving out.

I went from Revo stage one on full boost to stage 2 and was slightly disapointed to be honest. Even when i turned the boost up to 9 and played with the timing abit. You lose the aggresive punch when the turbo kicks in. It is alot smoother. Dont get me wrong, you could tell it was pulling better, but just didnt feel the same. My old car is going on the rollers at the weekend so i'm interested to see what its giving out.

Yeah, sweet, let me know....

LOL....

TB mate, I am unlikely to get rid just yet... head first (with supertech valves and springs... eeeek!!)

GT35 will require me to get a SEM inlet mani too, quantum leap in cost.... maybe next year LOL...

Anyhoo... my car is a development platform... I do the work so you don't have to :D

<tuffty/>

What settings you running on the revo stage 1 then? Did you up the timing at all?

Yeah, I'm going to evaluate that over a period of time. I'm still only get up to and including 3s on block 020 - but that seems VERY low considering. That engine is running with a large port head - but that still seems too low.

I've got 2 spare knock sensors which I'm going to retrofit for testing purposes just to see.

one thing not checked if there are any adaption channel offsets in place... like ign timing backed off a lot already for example, so the added revo is adding from a -ve position..
just a thought given we have no clue of whats been done to your car historically.

timing pull a couple of 3's according to the logs

maybe largeport heads just "work" so much better on cylinder filling and flow

Well I can see anything upto 7 with timing 7. When I had it on 9 briefly to test i saw 10's at some points. Usually under load going up a hill. You could actually feel its pull back the timing, like a brick wall.

Im thinking about going with Stage 2, boost 9 and maybe timing 6 just to reduce them even further as the gains are negligible.

one thing not checked if there are any adaption channel offsets in place... like ign timing backed off a lot already for example, so the added revo is adding from a -ve position..
just a thought given we have no clue of whats been done to your car historically.

timing pull a couple of 3's according to the logs

maybe largeport heads just "work" so much better on cylinder filling and flow

This is a very good point.

Although I still feel it may be worth knocking it back down to 7 whilst we ascertain what is ze crack.....

I'd feel better trying the other knock sensors, and getting the same results as these, then I'll be smiley and want more timing.... lol

Revo all the way baby:icon_thumright:

I know I'm running boost 9 but I'm unsure of the timing setting... Could the timing be the reason why my car seems to lag huge amounts just under 3k?

Apologies for the lack of knowledge but how does boost and timing work to give the best effect? I'm guessing you all are usuing the sps switches to adjust?
What's the payoff off having a massive boost and timing low?

adjust with logging to optimise..
as much timing you can use balanced with as much boost as your car will stand.. and not overworking things, gettign things too hot etc

Hi would any body recomend Revo over AmD cheers
Yep allday everyday

Haven't had AMD so couldn't really speculate. What are your thoughts Voorhees? As if I need to ask?
look at the above :)

'cos he's a dedicated follower of fashion' ;)

Custard Code whoops *** :)
kisses *** more like ha ha

seriously we all get similar power its just where its given which makes them different,Revo keeps you pinned early on which I like.

I want it to put u back in your chair would this be revo and are u looking at same bhp as it says revo gives u a extra5 bhp

Also is it the same top speed,have not realy had a long strech but what speeds are people getting with just a remap

Also am looking for a sports cat does any body no were i can get one cheap and if its worth getting ?

Thnks guys i have Amd one but looking for a revo as since i have had it its not been all that,will let you guys no how the difference is cheers

I want it to put u back in your chair would this be revo and are u looking at same bhp as it says revo gives u a extra5 bhp

Also is it the same top speed,have not realy had a long strech but what speeds are people getting with just a remap

Also am looking for a sports cat does any body no were i can get one cheap and if its worth getting ?

Thnks guys i have Amd one but looking for a revo as since i have had it its not been all that,will let you guys no how the difference is cheers

See here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290399733980&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Or get somewhere like Longlife to knock you one up.

We don't do speed here (do we Tom....) unless its at Santa Pod or GTI International of course...

Get a Revo, you won't be disappointed, as for a sports cat, don't bother unless you are going for a replacement downpipe as well... if you can't stretch for both, just get the downpipe... negligible gains in power on your setup but the DP should give better spool...

Ok, I did have similar power once... it counts...

<tuffty/>

yup they all get pretty much the same power and all maps will claim to have more power, torque etc etc and really they are so similar....problem you have is fitting a spikey map on a 2wd, cant see why you would do that when traction is already a problem - could understand if you have an S3, but not an A3