Dahlback Racing Inlet Manifold

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Im looking into another mod to airflow which by the sounds of it, does a VERY good job (if not a littel expensive).

Dahlback Racing (They MUST be one of the best, if not THE best VAG tuning company in the world), produce a new inlet manifold. This manifold is designed not only to increase air flow, but it also evenly distributes air to each intake port, and also increases velocity.

On a 300 HP 1.8T that the manifold was tested on, it made 30 more HP than the stock manifold. They expect this manifold to make 10-15 HP on stock turbo 1.8Ts.

These manifolds will be available for both big and small port heads and left and right hand throttle body orientation.

Dont know about everyone else, but im going to give this a go at some point... it does seem to be the only part of the engine that people forget about... After all, everyone adds exhausts for aid airflow, but what use is getting air out when your not getting it in at the same rate!? It certainly cant hurt to try. Look at the pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Im sure you'll all agree that the workmanship looks second to none!

We are seeing at the moment about becoming Dahlbacks UK importer so with any luck we will soon be able to get our hands on some REALLY neat stuff! How does a 490bhp, 2.0T S3 sound, or a 420bhp A3 1.8T? Well these guys do it!

Rich

what sort of ball park figure are these then?

Dunc

I think it will be a bit less than that... I will post up more info when i get more along with prices .etc...Its something im going to seriously consider...

Rich

Glad you found this one Rich see what i was going on about?! Order is placed with them so we should know pretty soon if it's any good or not, which i think it will be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Robbie Donald said:
So these will be available for the left-hand intake 1.8T engines too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep... all 1.8T engine basically!

[ QUOTE ]
EMJ said:
see what i was going on about?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately... the quality is impeccable. Looks OE! Would be good to see some before and after dyno figures. What car have you ordered it for?

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Rich if you get 30bhp from a 300bhp 150 1.8T what would you get from a 265bhp 210 1.8T??

Robbie, I've had a look at your web site. Nice MPEGS of the two turbo's R32s and Dahlbacks demo car!

[/ QUOTE ]

If the figures are correct then about 10bhp...although at this stage the turbo is at its limits, so gains may not be great... I think the biggest improvement would be on higher output applications

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Robbie Donald said:
So these will be available for the left-hand intake 1.8T engines too?

[/ QUOTE ]Don't you think you've spend enough Robbie,there can't be much left to fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
EMJ said:
see what i was going on about?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately... the quality is impeccable. Looks OE! Would be good to see some before and after dyno figures. What car have you ordered it for?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

For 2000UK RHD S3 engine code APY! Still waiting for shipping details to see how long it will take.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't you think you've spend enough Robbie,there can't be much left to fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

[/ QUOTE ]

Nearly finished yeah! Jim at Star has just finished custom mapping my car, power is now 278BHP and 269lbft torque, power just keeps coming right to 6000rpm, not bad for a non-R Cupra eh! The 3 inch downpipe with race CAT seems to have made quite a difference, plus all the other mods have been mapped in, SO much better than a generic APR map! Here's a link to the dyno graph, done yesterday:

http://www.20v-turbo.co.uk/images/logs/dynorun.jpg

With this new manifold I assume your car would need to be custom mapped?

Dunc

Robbie - what boost, EGT and inlet temps are you running on that car of yours? My mate( tt engined mk3 golf) just had a K04 fitted by Star and he got a custom remap done by a friend of mine - it would be interesting to compare yours to his.

[ QUOTE ]
DuncS3 said:
With this new manifold I assume your car would need to be custom mapped?

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunc,

Not sure about this, it's really going to be a case of fitting it and finding out.