For those of you wanting S4(Avus III) wheels for the S3

Westy

Reaction score
Guys I found these beauties and thought i'd hit the jackpot because all the others i'd seen were on non UK sites:

http://wheelsworldwide.co.uk/wheels/collection_audivw/boston/silver

I thought "excellent, they cant be too expensive as they wont need to be imported"! I was wrong! I enquired on the price and they want £800 for the wheels with budget tyres or £950 with Falken FK452 tyres!

Whay the hell are these wheels so expensive everywhere, they're nothing special for gods sake! :tocktock:

Looks like I'll be getting the old favourites RS4 multi spokes when my tyres need replacing as I can get a set with decent tyres for £700!

erm, my RSTT's cost me about £300 with decent Pirellis on, i bought a set off the bay for £250..... then picked them up and was very disappointed....few weeks later bought another set that were mint and original...then sold the old set for slightly more (from memory) .....£700 is far too expensive IMO

ou'll find not many refurbs will immitate the original glossy finish...most are done in normal silver (including Audi's own refurbs)

error - your on about RS4's not RSTT's :)

misus spotted a nice red S3 on the bay the other day with 8p alloys on, looked really good if im honest and i hate new wheels on new cars ;)

If they are as rare as you make them out to be, they are worth £1k all day long... it's called 'scene tax' lol

The reason they are so rare normally is because the standard S4 wheels wont fit straight onto the S3, but these wheels are replicas made to fit straight on and they're in the UK where as most of the other sites selling them are abroad. I just want to get a set of replicas for the same amount of cash that a set of TTRS reps cost, is that too much to ask for?

i have mk1 TT wheels on mine at the moment and they need a refurb and 4 new tyres, thinking it maybe cheaper to get a nice set of Reps!
Where can i find a good set of reps and tyres? want something good that wont mess the handling up!

Good find Westle, any idea how much they are charging for the alloys without tyres?

They're so highly scene taxed because they just look SO good!

gallery_168_26_134130.jpg

http://www.turrifftyres.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_58_42

Check this site out, they've got a good selection of Audi and other OE reps for sale and are based in Aberdeen.They got the ones your after but don't list the PCD so you'd have to ring. I've had a few sets of wheels from them, good quality, prices & service.

Good find Westle, any idea how much they are charging for the alloys without tyres?

Biggied I'll contact them tomorrow thanks.

Maz I'll find out tomorrow too, should think £600 though!

Those wheels do look awesome though dont they??

I've got over 100 photos of those wheels...haha

They do look good as long as your not a tool with them and curb them up, how long have you had your wheels Prawn ? And not a mark on em' inside or out !

akaijl.jpg

dqm34p.jpg

Reactions: Lasse sonne DK
Thanks for checking mate, that's one hell of a price hike.

Elite were charging £440 without tyres when I got mine a couple of years ago.

Thanks for checking mate, that's one hell of a price hike.

Elite were charging £440 without tyres when I got mine a couple of years ago.

This is why I refuse to pay stupid money for what is essentially an old Audi wheel design, i'd rather get cheap TTRS reps and spend the difference on another mod. I absolutely love the S4 Avus and in my opinion they look the best on the 8L S3 but the price of them is scandalous!

Can I have first refusals on yours if you ever sell them Maz :)

Can you not source a genuine S4 set and get some adaptors? I'm sure some of the S4 boys will have ditched them for some other rims.
Or did you not want to use adaptors?

SWT (South West Tyres) is literally down the road from me..

And i know the family that own it..

Ill pop down later today and ask them for a price myself.. I may get it cheaper still..
Ill keep you all updated.

<<Ryan

Cheers Ryan mate, if you can get a price from South West Tyres that would be great.

I have looked at getting S4 wheels but most of the ones on ebay require a refurb and new tyres so once you've paid out for that then the hub adapters you're a grand out of pocket easy!

This is why I refuse to pay stupid money for what is essentially an old Audi wheel design, i'd rather get cheap TTRS reps and spend the difference on another mod. I absolutely love the S4 Avus and in my opinion they look the best on the 8L S3 but the price of them is scandalous!

Can I have first refusals on yours if you ever sell them Maz :)

Don't plan to sell them just yet, but if I ever do I'll let you know.

I've got over 100 photos of those wheels... how long have you had your wheels Prawn ? And not a mark on em' inside or out !

2 years now and not a single mark on any of them, I'm SO careful though, can't risk these babies.

they're fairly epxneisve for reps, but that's because the reps are more rare than the originals, plus they're not ****** far eastern made heavy weak things. they're 100% solid, weigh the same as the originals (I've compared) and have the PCD and offset to suit the 8L.

Its not that expensive for a good set of wheels, I know boys who will flop a couple of grand on a set of wheels for their Golfs.

Personally it makes me feel sick when I spot an A3 with some really ****** wheels on it, we all know the ones I mean...

Why would you want to run these wheels with hub adaptors, when you can get direct fitment? It's the same reason I paid the monies for my Porsche Cup replica's, ok they are not genuine, but they bolt straight to the hub!
We're talking about 200bhp+ here, and I don't trust hub adaptors with so much power/torque going through them.

Why would you want to run these wheels with hub adaptors, when you can get direct fitment? It's the same reason I paid the monies for my Porsche Cup replica's, ok they are not genuine, but they bolt straight to the hub!
We're talking about 200bhp+ here, and I don't trust hub adaptors with so much power/torque going through them.

Only because at some point I will probably want spacers so the hub adapters will kill two birds with one stone ;)

Buy something else

I'm all over LM's at the moment....very tempted!.

The only wheels I really like are (In this order):

- Avus IIIs
- RSTTs
- BBS RCs
- BBS CHs

I'd rather get the Avus wheels if I can so I might just have to save that little bit more.

Ryan, where's our quote mate? Come on chop chop :)

Ive let you down, letting myself get distracted b helping ym brother with his Saxo.. haha..

I will pop down tommorrow, promise!..
Does people want an individual price that I can get or even group?
I can ask for both, and a min for a group, seeing as a few of you seem intresested..

Sorry again guyss. :(
<<Ryan

Helping out a Saxo owner before an audi owner! There must be some sort of rule against that, if I was a mod I'd ban you for the rest of the day haha.

Grab a few quotes if you can mate. Wheels on their own, wheels and tyres, any group discount on a certain quantity?

Thatnks Ryan, we await your reply. Oh and don't touch any more saxos! :)

i didnt think these wheels were so sought after, i have them on mine, but they are a bit tatty, just need a re spray and some new center caps, i was going to get some tt wheels but looking at the picture above i think i will keep mine and just get them sprayed, any ideas were i can get the genuine center caps from, apart from audi and tps.

Are these what you are after?

They have been on PH for £700 ages so you might even be able to do a deal and have enough for adapters - esp engineering tend to be cheaper than most for spacers so you could try them for adapters. I was looking at these and mailed the seller a couple of months back to find out what the tyres were like and got this reply "tread depth is 7mm and I think they are FALKENS".