S3 Down pipe n sports cat

Reaction score
I've got an 8L 210bhp S3 and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Where's the best place to get a down pipe and a sports cat or decat from?

Pipewerx, did mine last weekend. You get them from eBay is the easiest way.

Custom, pipwerx or blueflame are your best option.

Hi mate, this place:

http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/

Has done my induction, downpipe, de-catt, and Manifolds. Its all custom built and much much cheaper than any of the shelf stuff from miltek etc.

My mate has also used this company for his 350Z and Monaro numerous times. :)

Very good welders and fabricators with a fraction of the cost, No brainer really.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies :)
Going to email the custom place tomorrow for a quote. Had a quick look on ebay, couldn't find anything by pipewerx but found some by blueflame. Wondered what the difference is between these two sports cats, apart from one's a single n the other is a twin. What's the pros and cons if there is any?

Type in s3 downpipe and it comes straight up.

Hi mate, this place:

http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/

Has done my induction, downpipe, de-catt, and Manifolds. Its all custom built and much much cheaper than any of the shelf stuff from miltek etc.

My mate has also used this company for his 350Z and Monaro numerous times. :)

Very good welders and fabricators with a fraction of the cost, No brainer really.

How much did you get the down pipe, cat and system done for

I'm looking to get this done in a couple of months. Gonna get my local people to do it as they're Longlife dealers and very well experienced!

IMHO Sports catts are a waste of money... There still very restrictive to be able to pass emission laws, It works out almost twice as cheap to buy and fit a Replacement pipe, and have it refitted every year for MOT etc. As were turbo lovers back pressure isnt really a problem so you can get a 2.5/3" Screamer pipe straight down to the exhaust, no splitting to two rubbish and back to one.

From the company listed above as they can do a quick replacement fitting almost like a quick release. Give them a ring or an Email. If you can find a garage that will *cough* ignore emissions ;) or if you like swap for the catts for the MOT etc..

Last edited:
a screamer pipe isnt part of the standard exhaust its for externaly wastgated turbos witch the k04 isnt its like a small seperate exhaust fitted off the wastegate to take pressure out off the turbo they sound awsome on full boost but unless ure runnin a custom turbo then u cant fit one an if u were runnin a custom turbo then you would probly already done the downpipe an decat