Anyone know this S3?

Kind of, stay away mate, been tracking that s3 for a while, was constantly on and off ebay, went for about £900 on ebay, then week later was back up again.

How can the car be in A1 condition... then list a load of faults ? Mutton dress'd as lamb springs to mind.

Well, to put you all to rest, I've been to look at it, and consequently bought it. Will be picking up tomorrow.

Battery is ABSOLUTELY shot, the guy has filled the cells with normal water. Fitted battery off of my A3 and was fine. Other than that, seems fine. VAG COM checked out OK, with a few lack of battery based side effects.

Interior is in good condition, exterior is in good condition and drives lovely...

Seems like a winner to me!

Although I agree about the guy selling it, not much of a car guru to be fair....

So you will be wanting to bring that to the Ajec RR day then mate ;p

<tuffty/>

The Best S3 Around By far running approx 300bhp

Congratulations on owning the BEST S3 around BY FAR too, does that now make your our King?:

Best of luck with it, good price for it too

I agree about the wheels dude! I've already got the matching paint for the centre caps, they look GASH!

Yeah its a nice car but not a facelift as stated. You need to either get the caps colour coded or go back to silver or anthracite. The black is too much in my opinion.

Congrats on your purchase.:thumbsup:

That was the one that endeded on Ebay for like £900 wasn't it. Although i don't expect the seller let it go for that.

Welly, did you Vagcom it?

BUMBLE BEE springs to mind either the insect or out of transformers

Yeah, VAG COM brought nothing huge up, mostly voltage related stuff around the cream crackered battery. And I mean cream crackered - was too small as well as being tampered with. Car wouldn't run properly with it on, although when new batt on, no warning lights so I'm guessing it's all OK.... fingers crossed.

Should be charging at the right voltage, but will retest with VAG COM on collection.

Needs an OSF wheel bearing, 2 front tyres, but other than that looks like it's been reasonably well looked after. Although timing belt wasn't done untill the 90K's.

It's a long drive home as well so lets hope she behaves herself! If not I shall burn it :asskicking:.

Westle, I love the wheels black, I think it really compliments the yellow and black interior so I shall be keeping them that way, not everyone's cup of tea agreed, but it's my opioion that counts... :jump:

Proud to own the BEST S3 around BY FAR. Or not, as the case my be. I'd rather have Tuffty's.....

yup your right mark i was bidding on it too haha, was going to buy it and strip it. The cars from my end too.

Good haggling mate. I wouldn't dream of trying to sell a car like that if it wouldn't even start for a test drive!

Nor me, but it takes all sorts. I was never paying 5 Gs for it after that. A bad start. I told him he was lucky as most people would just walk away. But I try to see the good in things, you should of seen my A3 when I bought it, horrible wheels, ridiculous side skirts. What can I say, I like a challenge!!

Hmm, not one i'd have given a second glance too with all those problems but at least it gets you into an S3

Not too sure about the haggling though, £200 isn't much!

Amazing the problems a low battery can give, warning lights, strange neddle movements, fault codes etc

Be interesting to see if it really is 296bhp?

Anyway, Enjoy!

Nope, it ain't 296, it's got a standard K04 (not the original but a KKK replacement). Mapped though for sure, it's an APY engine and doesn't go like one. Felt like it went OK, we'll see when I get it out on the road to be fair.

Its a ltd condition colour concept so clearly worth every penny lol.

ooo id be interested to see how you get on with this one mate, i was looking at before i bought my current one, but so many things the guy told me didnt add up

he told me he only had it a month or so and was selling because he was struggling to get his kids in and out the back, fair enough, but then said he took the s3 as p/x on his 350z, surely that would be even less child friendly?

when i told him i was no longer going to look at it he offered me a grand off it straight away (it was up at £6800 ish)

but i too loved the look of it, love the interior and tbh i really like the wheels, all apart from the centre caps, so all the best with it mate, hope she treats you well ;)

OT: Bad Boys 2 man was so funny when he necked those pills, lmbo

ooo id be interested to see how you get on with this one mate, i was looking at before i bought my current one, but so many things the guy told me didnt add up

he told me he only had it a month or so and was selling because he was struggling to get his kids in and out the back, fair enough, but then said he took the s3 as p/x on his 350z, surely that would be even less child friendly?

when i told him i was no longer going to look at it he offered me a grand off it straight away (it was up at £6800 ish)

but i too loved the look of it, love the interior and tbh i really like the wheels, all apart from the centre caps, so all the best with it mate, hope she treats you well ;)

Lets hope all goes well. Poor thing hasn't even moved for weeks, brakes were COATED in rust.

Again, all due to the battery I expect, he just seemed like he didn't want to spend any money on it which is a shame.

Cheers though dude, yet another new project. :icon_thumright:

OT: Your both right. "Mike, take the picture."

I like that, its off the wall. Love the interior and the black wheels,...all looks good to me!.

Well, she's home. No huge problems on the way home, although looks like that lack of battery charging could be a combination of the battery as well as the alternator only charging at 12.82 volts. I'm not happy with that, so have started changing it, but got waylaid by the wonderful weather!

Seems a bit of a pain in the butt job, any tip/tricks for this anyone? Also, will a normal 1.8T alternator fit/work?

Got a new alternator today & fitted, charging @13.9 and car is now good as gold :).

Wheels are now all black and looking much much better, rear wiper is gone, and I've cut the NUFC badges off the plate :). Heated seats rule!

Long may the happiness continue!!

glad to hear all is good mate, didnt it need a new wheel bearing or something of the sort too, whats the story on that?

sounds like i may have been better off with that one than the one i did eventually choose lol but never mind eh

Wheel bearing will need doing eventually, buy only having a minor groan at the moment so will keep until after Christmas... With a bit of luck anyway!