Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    8L > 8P > 8V

Status

How to change oil breather?

Does anyone have any information on how to change the oil breather pipe? I tried to but I can't even get the old one out of the block as it seems to be stuck in. I took the clip holding it in off but I can't access it very well.

The Haynes manual doesn't have any info about changing it either.

Thanks
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I assume you are talking about the pipe at the top of the block on the airbox side? If you already have a replacement but cannot get the old one off I would just slice it with a stanley blade.

I took mine off the clean it yesterday and the piece it goes into which splits into 3 pipes was packed with oily crap as was the valve it connects to. I've read up and it seems that it is normal for oil to build up in these pipes but was was particularly bad and the build up was limpy/ gritty. Its easy to check so I'd suggest everyone checks/ cleans theirs. I Also found that the pipe going into the 3 way split that comes from the front of the engine was only just hanging on, by fixing this I think I solved my issue with reving when changing gear.
    Audi S3 2001. Black on Black. OE Sat Nav/Freeview. Bose. 18" Audi/BBS Splits. 10+16mm Spacers. KW Coilovers. Forge DV,tip and intercooler pipes. KnN Panel Filter. Oh and the essential Re-map. GONE

1st Gear

Status
    any pics as to which pipe we are talking about?

2000 Audi S3
    1967 VW Beetle
    Where Do I go From Here?

8L > 8P > 8V

Status

The one with the red ring round it. I wondered if anyone had any experience changing it? I've removed it from the oil cap piece, but can't get it out the block

Thanks again
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST