Clutch replaced but pedal is pretty light?

Scottynic

Reaction score
As title, got my clutch replaced but the pedal is really light compared to what it was.

Is this normal or is it just cos I have been driving my lotus for last few days?

cheers

i had the exact same problem.. i thought i was just going crazy.. but i think its normal?

Yep, mine was replaced ~700miles ago, and is light as a feather compared to previous.

Cheers,

Mine is a heavy mother too, makes my leg ache in traffic, out of interest how much does a new clutch cost?

Mine is a heavy mother too, makes my leg ache in traffic, out of interest how much does a new clutch cost?

Mine was £800 all-in including new master and slave cylinders (which caused the failure...) ~8 hours labour, from APS in Bracknell.

Cheers,

i've just had a new clutch as well but i had to have a fickin new duel mass flywheel as well :sign_unfair: £560 with a new set of rear discs n pads and an mot so not too bad .

light as a feather now and i can do wheel spins again :jump::jump: so that's a new set of tyres this weekend

OMG thats Cheap! i thought its meant to be like 4-500 being a hydraulic clutch.

The clutch was £135ish plus labour.

You can get a clutch kit on eurocarparts for £125.

I think in total for the clutch and fitting i was approx £400, I also got car serviced, new coil packs, and a sump done at the same time.

Has not been a cheap week!

Last edited:
The clutch was £135ish plus labour.

You can get a clutch kit on eurocarparts for £125.

I think in total for the clutch and fitting i was approx £400, I also got car serviced, new coil packs, and a sump done at the same time.

Has not been a cheap week!

cool, i gotta get mine done in december.

Think mine was about £500 all in (including slave cylinder)

Mine too was super light after, took abit of getting used to. Great to be able to get the remapped power down though!