S3 Alarm Problem...

Austin

Reaction score
Hi,

On saturday both my remote key fobs stoped working and now the car can only be opened and locked using the key in the lock. The hazards sometimes flash when locked/un-locked.

When locked with the key both doors lock and the interior led flashes but when unlcoked only the drivers door opens until the car is started and then the passenger door opens.

Has anybody experiences this or does anyone know how to fix it?

It happened all of a sudden and neither key fob works at all.

Thanks in advance...

yeah mate, happend on my a3. i had one of those key that slots out to replace the battery.

so i put the key part in the ignition and started the car then whilst started pressed the lock button a few times (also try holding down if just pressing fails) and then when i pressed the button it locked.

its weird cos i went up to the car unlocked it went to lock it agian, and nothing!

but it worked, so try that! as you have two keys, try putting one in and use the other!

i think i reset the keyfob??????

Austin,

I think there is a section in the owners manual if you have it which tells you how to re-register the key fob with you alarm system. Pretty sure there is..

Otherwise might have to be a main dealer job, to re-program the keys.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pal

Thanks for your suggestions...

So far I have tried the following with no luck.

-Disconnect battery for 10 mins
-Pressing lock/unlock less than 60 seconds after locking/unlocking with key (as stated in manual)
-Taking battery out of key fob
-Pressing and holding down key fob buttons whilst ignition is on.

But still nothing.

Car locks fine with key (using both drivers door and boot) but nothing from either key fob.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

have you tried with the engine running rather than just the ignition on?

The way to code the fobs is as follows,

Switch on ignition with one key, wind down drivers window and shut the drivers door.
Place key to be coded into drivers door lock, lock door and press lock button on fob once (indicators on car should flash).
Wait five seconds and then press unlock on the fob, doors should unlock.

The key should now be coded.

You will probably need to do the same for the other key. When coding a second key you need to do the same as above, but this time press fob lock twice.

Three time for a third key etc etc.

This worked for me. But if you still have problems when you'll need to connect up VAG-COM and take a better look at whats going on.

Big thanks HTC!

That worked prefectly and now both my fey fobs are working.

Youve just saved me £90 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

If your even in the Leeds area theres a pint with your name on it!

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
The way to code the fobs is as follows,

Switch on ignition with one key, wind down drivers window and shut the drivers door.
Place key to be coded into drivers door lock, lock door and press lock button on fob once (indicators on car should flash).
Wait five seconds and then press unlock on the fob, doors should unlock.

The key should now be coded.

You will probably need to do the same for the other key. When coding a second key you need to do the same as above, but this time press fob lock twice.

Three time for a third key etc etc.

This worked for me. But if you still have problems when you'll need to connect up VAG-COM and take a better look at whats going on.

[/ QUOTE ]