lumbar seat problem

campbell

Reaction score
since my car went into the bodyshop my lumbar support does not work. On closer inspection the wires which can be just seen when the seat in pulled forward were damaged so i got the bodyshop to repair the wires, they took the seat out etc.

Now im sick of taking the car back to them because they just dont care, they have marked my leather, tore a bit of carpet and the inside was dusty from the paint job. I am a perfectionist though! So i just want to sort this myself.

The motor can be heard working fine but the lumbar support just doesnt move in or out, it feels flat. What exactly comes out when the lumbar support works? Any ideas where to check?

I cant see how they've managed to affect the lumbar mechanisms as its inside the rear of the seats, why were they taking seats out to paint the car is what I would be asking???

You can pull of the rear seat panel & see inside where the lumbar is so you can see whats occurring, I still cant see how they've managed that unless they've shorted the wires & damaged the motor somewhat, which inturn has stopped it moving the parts.

Also I'd be in there face big time for damaging the seat, leather & ripping the carpet, seriously i'd be very ****** about it, get your **** down there & tell them to fix the car & carpet & have the leather repaired or you'll have them in court for damaging of property, thats outrageous.

They damaged the wire cable which is located at the rear of the seat, i got them to repair that, they said they needed to take the seat out to do it. I have noticed the carpet has been torn, im not happy myself but i cant be bothered with arguing with them. I have had the back off myslef this weekend and cant see anything obvious.

How do i go about this because its my word against theirs??

If they damaged the wires which you have clearly stated they have & thats why they repaired them, then why would you need there word against yours, my point still stands, how the hell could they damage the seat if they were painting the car, wires are underneath for a start & none are at the rear showing, its all inside the seat, not externally & all plugged in underneath to the car connections in the bottom of the car.

I do ask why are you asking us how to go about talking to them about the damage, just go there say it was working until you got your hands on it, get the thing fixed simple as that, if you're of course being truthful which I wouldnt know either way, just commenting on what you've advised, nothing personal you understand, as I cant see why the seat was touched & how they did damage from a paint job, its almost impossible unless they were painting the internals, seat didnt need to come out.

What was painted on the car?

they painted the roof and passenger rear quarter panel. Obviously they needed to remove the aerial so they had to put the seat forward and sit in the back of the car. The silver leather was filthy were they had been sat. I am bein truthful that the seats electrics were fully working before they got there hands on it! I dont know how they did it but the cable was damaged and clearly poking through. I have emailed audi because its obvious im dealing with monkeys at the bodyshop. They dont care how they treated my car, they ripped a bit of the carpet, they left marks on my seats. Im jus not very happy and dont want to waste more time with dealing with them, ill see what audi say and ill let you know

You're telling me this was an audi bodyshp from a dealer????

If it is then I'd be fecking fuming at the dealer mate, go in there straight away or call & arrange a meeting & get it sorted asap, dont wait for emails to be sent & replied.

Im taking it back into the Audi approved bodyshop this Friday and i will bring everything up with them, the tear in the carpet, the lumbar support etc. Im fuming to be honest but hopefully this will be sorted

Cheers