Bluetooth kit and Dension gateway 100

im not running Bose mate.............

yeah cheers for ya help, you got me thinking now as i was considering an amp - from my understanding if i did it this way id have to link the parrots line outs (L+R) direct to the amp yes? also would thee be any restriction on the amp i could have utilising standard speakers (as i wouldnt be changing these right away)

my advice.. keep the parrot set up behind the h/u the way it is.. all you change is the speaker output goes straight to the amp...

Depending on what amp you use, either the hi level input (hardwire all the speaker terminals into a plug on the amp) or Directly at the speaker terminals, or at the speaker wires behind the h/u - extend the cables to the amp channels, and at the speaker output from the h/u you do the phono converter to send the signal.

Entiendo?

i think we mean the same thing.....

im guessing theres two wires that go from the HU to the existing amp in the boot.... your saying put two phono's on these to connect up a new amp then run all the speakers of that.....including the fronts.... the parrot will then utilise the fronts via the ISO into the HU.... to enable me to get all 4 speakers working with the ipod i would have to go direct into the amp using the line outs as if i went through the amp feed (2 wires) then i woulndt get bass/trable through the HU to control the parrots crap sound

bear in mind only the fronts are controlled via an ISO on the syphony unit.... the rear amp is fed via a different plug

Yeah but you completly loose that other plug.. and the speaker ISO becomes almost irrelevant its so hard to explain with out wires in my hands lol..

At the moment you've got speaker wires from the front speakers going straight off the head unit..

Rear speaker wires going to the amp (signal sent from the head unit)

Instead ---> Front and rear speaker wires go straight to the New amp -> 2 ways you can do this,

1. From the speaker terminals directly to the amp channels(or high level input)
2. At the speaker ISO block behind h/u (using inline crimps, run cables down center of car)- This way all the sound output goes straight out the headunit, and goes to the new amp then to speakers

Then simply cut the rear output speaker cable at the headunit, Phono converter, phono cables to the input on the amplifier.

All the bypass ISOs and telemute etc stay the same with the parrot looms..

Im sure we're on the same page, i think writing it is just confusing the hell out of me lol.

This way you wont need to do that CD changer thing either.. and you can control sound.. imo the parrot amp isnt that bad!

yup got ya...... what your saying is i can either use the front speaker ISO on the HU to control the amp or the amp feed thats already in place...then run cables to all speakers from the amp.... the parrot would fit inline with the amps master feed (be it front or back which ever way round i do it)....

only downside to that is i wouldnt be able to control bass/trable from the HU, it would only be poss via the amp if it has those controls, or via the parrots inbuilt presets

only downside to that is i wouldnt be able to control bass/trable from the HU, it would only be poss via the amp if it has those controls, or via the parrots inbuilt presets

no the head unit controls would work, as would the parrot as would the amp controls.

The initial sound signal still comes from the H/U.. so you can control what goes to the amp.

okies defo got where your coming from..... altho if the parrot is inline or connected to the amp direct, the sound would come from the parrot unit and not the HU as the mute cable renders the HU disfunctional..... like when a call comes through the parrot controls that, same goes for the music unless your feeding into the HU via an aux input

in summary your option wouldnt let me use the HU to control the vitals (because the mute would kill the HU).... my option would in theory but Andy Mac has just replied on the ICE forum and suggested that mine wont work due to me needing to make the amp signal into a pre amp signal before connecting that unit which wouldnt be a good solution.....

my head hurts

okies defo got where your coming from..... altho if the parrot is inline or connected to the amp direct, the sound would come from the parrot unit and not the HU as the mute cable renders the HU disfunctional..... like when a call comes through the parrot controls that, same goes for the music unless your feeding into the HU via an aux input

no the parrot stays where it is, it doesnt go near the new amp.. it stays in the same plugs as it is, where the parrot plugs into(standard speaker audi ISO) and then after that connect the changes are made (new amp)

in summary your option wouldnt let me use the HU to control the vitals (because the mute would kill the HU).... my option would in theory but Andy Mac has just replied on the ICE forum and suggested that mine wont work due to me needing to make the amp signal into a pre amp signal before connecting that unit which wouldnt be a good solution.....

The new amp will give you a much better control over what sounds come out your speakers than the stock symp h/u - ive changed my settings once and its perfect now, however i have got an after market h/u too.

yeah im just saying you can do it two ways...... yours is one way (easiest) another is to use the line outs to go to the amp direct (ball ache way and pointless)

either will still be controlled by the parrot rather than the HU, so yes i could set the HU controls prior to playing the ipod through the parrot...... it wouldnt have make any difference though as the parrot would still be providing the feed and cancelling out the HU - not as much of an issue as the amp is amplifying....but my ideal would be to feed into the HU then out to the new amp... im pretty certain this isnt possible now without loads of effort

Your head hurts, ive just read all that and think my brains melted haha, all ill say is good luck mate.

thats all over the top of my head! so would that piece of kit work fine with a bose system? Is the dension gateway still for sale? or can you see yourself going back to the old set up.

I have a buyer for the Denison mate, it is still an option to go back to it though at this point till i resolve this issue..... as for a Bose system my guess would be that you would have more problems than me, if not the same

Think ill wait for you to get it sorted, then buy one and pay you to fit it Tim:whistle2:

have to say mate i love the screen, fits really nicely next to the ESP switch...will get some pics up once sorted - just been out and repositioned the double microphone which takes some hiding!!

So is it all sorted now?.. Get some pics up then come fit me one :)

na i fitted it mate, its the behind the scenes stuff that needs sorting.... will gladly do it for ya once im sorted here....got a few options which involve cutting into the existing loom....need to decide which is the best and easiest way

na i fitted it mate, its the behind the scenes stuff that needs sorting.... will gladly do it for ya once im sorted here....got a few options which involve cutting into the existing loom....need to decide which is the best and easiest way

did ya get your back speakers sorted? fitted the same kit yesterday, be interested in hearing if and how ya got it sorted.

not yet fella, not had time TBH, im going to get the connect module though and convert the line outs to phonos.....will defo do the trick - have done quite a bit of research into it fella

also chaps the bluetooth kit is still for sale 3200 for £80, boxed as new

yeah thats the one, it just plugs into your HU, hardest bit is converting the 2 lines out of the parrot loom into phonos.....im gonna get an old lead and strip it down and connect it all up with terminal blocks

sorry, your losing me now, how/why would you convert the two lines to phono? Is the parrot loom not wired up for rear speakers?

no if you have the symphony head unit, the rear speakers are not wired up to the normal plug, that why you have to use the 'line out' cables (there should be 4 highlighted on the parrot diagram) to power an amplifier which has all the speakers plugged into it.....you can either buy an amp and wire all the speakers into it (pain in the ***) or buy the connect unit which will allow you to tap into the Symphony which already has all the speakers connected (albeit in a bizarre way) - the connect communicates with the symphony using the CD IN port...so the head unit thinks its playing a cd changer instead of the parrot...when infact it will be playing the parrot music :D

ok, i get ya now. was thinking i might need to buy something else along with the cable. Any chance of a pic of your screen beside the esp button? mine wont fit there without mods. did ya have to move your ESP button?

no you just pull off the black trim and remove the button next to the ESP button then stick the bracket with the enclosed sticky to the black trim as near to the button void as possible, this will allow you to remove the screen and also see half of the ESP button to use, when the screen is in place

So did you get it sorted in the end with that plug thing you orderd? hows the sound quality etc now you've had it for a while?

na still not sorted matey, have had too much on..... the fronts are annoying me now though so wont be long

right... i hate to revive an old thread but I have finally got around to fitting the additional module that allows my rear speakers to work with the MKi9200 bluetooth.

After fitting the mki9200 parrot bluetooth I found that the calls came through the front speakers as they should, but when the ipod was playing, this too played through the front speakers as the symphony HU has a seperate amp feed to the sub amp in the boot (the amp also powers the rear speakers)

The solution was either to fit a new amp to power all the speakers and run this off the HU front speaker connection OR fit a connect2 Aux adaptor (£30)

The aux adaptor utilises the seperate line outs (L+R) from the parrot kit whilst the calls go through the normal ISO connectors at the back of the stereo..... I now have the two front speakers working for calls and the ipod plays through the stereo itself using the HU amp as opposed to the integrated parot amp (which is pretty crap-worse than OEM)

Hope this helps anyone in the same sort of situation

Tim