Centre armrest

Essflee

Reaction score
I've bit the bullit and ordered a new armrest from the stealer...I had one in my old A3 and I've always missed it in the S3, I've looked on the bay but never seem to see any(that are any good)...I have done a search and seen some fitting diagrams, just wanted to know if there's any tips that will help... Cheers...

How much did you pay from Audi? Black leather I take it?

Yeah minty, black leather...had a mad moment, I went in the stealers for a break light bulb and came out with an armrest... Well I haven't got it yet, had to order. It's a retro kit so you have to buy the lid, bracket and everything needed seperately...it's costing £240ish, I know it's a lot but if I'm keeping the car for a few years as intended it'll be worth it...

I want one.... hate to pay that price but I just might. Do you know if it is the same for an A3? And last but not least... if it does... any chance you could give me the part numbers?

I am out in Czech, they dont speak English and to just give part numbers would be ideal.

no tips actually.pretty straight forward. just mark the area that need cutting and take your time and do it properly (cutting). I took the centre console out completely. MAde it easier to cut.

I also used a small washer under one of the 'legs' of the armrest to make it sit straight. (sometimes, some might lean a little bit).

THat's it tbh

armrestva9.jpg

armrestcutoutrs4.jpg

Cheers Abdus, just had the phone call from Audi so I'll give it ago at the week end, 2 hours will be enough won't it ??

Theres a guy on ebaybreaking a audi s3 all interior he got black leather with armrest. hes in luton. let me know and il give you his link

I tell yer small hands needed to get in there to do up those bolts or some bendy adapters to get in there to tighten, I'd say wasnt one of audi's best ideas for fixing of an armrest for sure, number of times I took that out for work, damn, lol.

Just a quick update people...have fitted my armrest now and after going for a 5min drive I can honestly say already it was worth every penny :) I'd recommend anybody thinking about this upgrade...

Ye me to, wouldnt have car without one, especially since I can stick vast amounts of crap in there, lol, but its just a pain in rear for the handbrake on the 8P, also why didnt they make it with the push in button for dropping it down as per my S3 & S4, not pull it way back then drop it down to height you want, stupid idea

Leggy Mate,

I really want one and am willing to pay for it but the install worries me. The cutting out parts etc. How long it take you and was it relatively easy?

Cheers

Should I feel lucky that I have one in my car already?. I thought they came as standard!. Now I've had one I could never have a car without one.

Leggy Mate,

I really want one and am willing to pay for it but the install worries me. The cutting out parts etc. How long it take you and was it relatively easy?

Cheers

Hello mate...the install was pretty easy, a little frustrating but as long as you have the right tools ie ratchet, star keys...it's not to bad. The cutting was fine because the stencil is already there, was the easiest bit...:icon_thumright:

By the way, allow about an hour to 2...

Right! That sounds peachy!

Now for the next biggie.... any chance of the part numbers my good man?

I am out in Czech Republic, they don't speak my lingo so getting stuff/explaining is murder.... should have seen the problems I had trying to get Ally TT pedals. Ended up walking out and getting part numbers from Vortex forum then back in to Audi. Then they were trying to say I had wrong parts coz it was for a RHD and all the cars are left here.... ended up taking him out to car!

Any chance you could sort me out or point me in the right direction?

I am getting excited just thinking about an armrest! :)
You use a dremil or something?

Cheers
B

No dremel I'm afraid, had to make do with a Stanley knife for cutting which isn't ideal, but it did the job and with a nice straight cut...I'll now go and see if I can find these part numbers...

Oh man! Your a superstar!

I don't have a dremil so I would use a butter knife hehehehe, nah, I would buy a Stanley or dremil I suppose.

Cheers mate!

The codes I can find...8L0 864 245 Q LCJ leather lid/not cloth. 8L0 864 207 AM 6PS armrest.... 8L0 864 283 B nut/retainer...I can't seem to find the bracket code though... If I do come across it I'll let you know...

Oh man! Your a superstar!

I don't have a dremil so I would use a butter knife hehehehe, nah, I would buy a Stanley or dremil I suppose.

Cheers mate!

Right, just found invoice from Audi... The code I gave you for the retainer is the bracket...additional codes you need are, N90226403 which is a nut...N10155901 is a screw, you need 2 of these...that is the lot, if you want a cloth lid then it'll be a different code...

Black, soft, supple, inviting leather will do me just grand!

Let me repeat this..... you are a superstar!

Will get it priced up and ordered tonight from the stealers. Worth it tho. Bit of comfort for me on long drives huh.

Cheers again mate.

Ordered the parts, at current exchange rate comes in at about 240 odd quid here.

Woman was speaking away in Czech, have no idea what she was saying! 3 or 4 days I think to get the parts tho I reckon sooner as they have always got parts in faster than said. Maybe this weekend I can fit it then! :yahoo:

Will take my time on it and look up some more how to's as I am not sure how to fit it. Cant wait though!

Cheers for the Part Numbers.
Owe you a wee beer! :beerchug:

Abdus my good pal! :salute:

Can you help me with one thing for this little DIY project...

Can you take a screen grab of that ESIS Workshop Manual for removing the center console. I am a total newbee!

Once I have that I reckon with your other diagrams that you posted I will be laughing.

Cheers Cheers
Barry

Thanks abdus! Your a diamond.

I am all set then.

I will also source the ESIS.... Gonna be keeping this car for some years to come and it looks invaluable.

Cheers again!
Barry

Bump... Lol

Fao doublem, wasn't sure how else to high light one if my previous threads, have read through this, has the diagram for you too...:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Ps I never removed the entire centre console, just loosened it to manipulate the bracket into place...

Ive got one standard fitment, shame its full of audi phone system...

Bump... Lol

Fao doublem, wasn't sure how else to high light one if my previous threads, have read through this, has the diagram for you too...:icon_thumright:

Your an absolute legend, this was just the sort of thing I was looking for, even found the part number for the black leather lid on here (Which I need to complete the set up). Cant't thank you enough!

This is such a helpful forum!!