S3 - pink headlight on one side - bulb or ballast??

GT130

Reaction score
Turn the lights on and it's white but then one turns pink...very nice...

I know i could swap the bulbs over to elim. the bulb but just need the least hassle route so I thought i'd ask you clever guys !

Help pls...

Thanks

Fantastic....that is the answer i was looking for....the cheap result !

When you replace the faulty bulb you will notice the colour difference between the new one and the old one. I'd recommend changing both at the same time otherwise the colours of the bulb won't match.

You can buy a good pair of D2S bulbs for £30 in 5000k form, which means you get a little bit whiter light than the OEM 4300k but lose very little in light output compared to the horrendous 8000k and still-too-blue 6000k's most people opt for. For £30 you can't really go wrong. I've had a set in my last three cars for a total of 16 months with no problems at all.

When you replace the faulty bulb you will notice the colour difference between the new one and the old one. I'd recommend changing both at the same time otherwise the colours of the bulb won't match.

You can buy a good pair of D2S bulbs for £30 in 5000k form, which means you get a little bit whiter light than the OEM 4300k but lose very little in light output compared to the horrendous 8000k and still-too-blue 6000k's most people opt for. For £30 you can't really go wrong. I've had a set in my last three cars for a total of 16 months with no problems at all.

Seconded! 5000k! Very recommended!

5000k it is then - thanks for the tip/link.....looking at the car it seems that i need to take air box and battery out, will that cause any problems taking the battery out???

Are the bulbs easy enough to handle, insert etc etc....

Yes, definately i'll buy a pair..

Cheers

Mate - that link seems to suggest 2003 onwards, D2S - is that the correct ones for sure on the link???

Cheers

D2S is definitely the right bulb, the ad is generic, ALL 8L S3's use D2S bulbs.

The bulbs are very fiddly to change, the bulb holder is annoying as hell but I've done it a few times so I'm used to it. The first time I did it, it took me absolutely ages. I removed the battery but not the airbox. There is very little space behind the drivers side light but it can be done if you attack the bulb from the right angle.