going on holiday, worried about car getting there ok!!

nath-w

Reaction score
i have only just bought as s3, and i have already had a number of problems including coil packs 1 and 3 going, and the engine management light coming on. Also i need to change the thermostat as its varying between 60 and 90, but havn't got time to change it as i booked last minute and am going on friday. Im just a bit worried because even though everything is now fixed and running fine, i haven't driven it long distance since its been fixed. What sort of checks should i carry out before leaving apart from the usual oil and water check?

yeh got AA cover, think everything will be ok. il just leave for the airport a couple of hours early.

I'd be more concerned with leaving my car in an airport car park, I always try to get a lift rather than drive...I don't trust them, my brother had a vectra Sri that was working perfectly fine when he left it with them, only to return from his honey moon to find his cambelt had gone and the car wouldn't start ( obviously ) and the vectra he had is chain rather than belt...not a happy camper, you leave at owners risk...

Never E.V.E.R leave my car in a car park for longer than is remotely possible. If i pop into Tesco or the like its there for like 30 mins tops, parked in the most obscure parking bay possible. lol.

I'd never leave my car with an airport parking attendant, you will definately come back with problems be that either scratches or dents, maybe even a screwed engine etc as has already been mentioned!

Take the Bus/train/taxi/friends/parents route first and exhaust all means of getting there before taking the car.

G

Lol...I'd rather strap the suitcase to my back and walk if need be...haha :)

He sounds like he's taking his car to the destination, I've never had a problem doing 100mile in one stint in my S3 ave 80(kph) one way.

Mate you should of recieved the ballasts today!

I always go for the onsite airport parking, where you just roll up and park yourself, tesco car park style - and keep your keys!

screw that, with he fact that we all drive fairly nice/quick cars the guys would have a great time thrashing them about.
I dont trust my mates to drive my car with me in the passenger seat so some skivvy at an airport parking facility will NOT be getting hold of the keys to it by any stretch of the imagination.

yeah thanks for that ibzzzzz, ive got my ballasts now. cheers