forge splitter r

ty160

s3 tys
Reaction score
hey maybe ordering one of these dv for my s3 does anyone know how to fit? do i just straight swap it for the standard one or do i have to adjust the boost to somehow cheers? :confused:

it comes with fitting instructions so you should be ok, however be sure to fit it the correct way around as it fits the opposite way to the standard item, then all you have to do is adjust the spring tension by twisting the top part of the valve i think ive read somewhere that a standard engine (ie non mapped engine) will only need about 3 clicks, the setup is the bit that needs fidling with not the direct replacment of the valve

it comes with fitting instructions so you should be ok, however be sure to fit it the correct way around as it fits the opposite way to the standard item, then all you have to do is adjust the spring tension by twisting the top part of the valve i think ive read somewhere that a standard engine (ie non mapped engine) will only need about 3 clicks, the setup is the bit that needs fidling with not the direct replacment of the valve

cheers helps a lot do u know exactly how many turns for a standard s3 03 reg or anyone else? or no were can find the info cheers

I fitted one to my S3. Was really easy to replace. I cant remember how many turns i did but is running sweet!!

I fitted one to my S3. Was really easy to replace. I cant remember how many turns i did but is running sweet!!

klkl how did u tell how many turns was needed can u rem? wat am i looking for to get it runnig sweet? and does it sound gd lol

So, If I understand it correctly, the only advantage of this kit is to make your car sound more turboish and has nothing to do with performance??? Sounds like a waste of time, unless all you care about is the whole street hearing you while thinking 'what a cool car that guy has'... Problem is that most people will think that the car is broken :banghead:

This isn't meant as a dig at anyone, but just a point of view. Why not stick with proper DVs? :racer:

So, If I understand it correctly, the only advantage of this kit is to make your car sound more turboish and has nothing to do with performance??? Sounds like a waste of time, unless all you care about is the whole street hearing you while thinking 'what a cool car that guy has'... Problem is that most people will think that the car is broken :banghead:

This isn't meant as a dig at anyone, but just a point of view. Why not stick with proper DVs? :racer:

I think the advantage of them is that as you upgrade engine parts you can adjust the diverter accordingly, for a standard car the 007p is fine as far as im aware

the advantage is that it wont in theory fail in the same timescale as an OEM one..... although plenty run OEM ones whilst mapped with no issues....like me

its a simple calculation of paying £20 each for the OEM item or near 4 times the amount for this.... no power gains, although some have reported better throttle response.... could be reality,could be a placebo

[I like the noise cos i'm a chav!]

Classsss yaz i like your style mate lolIm geting one next week and was wondering how many clicks for a mapped S3? Or is just plumb it in and drive, adjust, drive, adjust?

Cheers

Thanks, I know about upgraded DVs, I have a Forge one fitted and have no problem in adjusting it by replacing the spring inside. What I was referring to is the blow off feature on a car that doesn't need it :think:

i love those DV's that make a noise.. especially when a chav drives past and makes it as noisy as possible for me....makes me feel all grown up and makes me chuckle when i think of the loss in power/response he is likely to have JUST so he can pssssssst

tell me if im wrong here but the only people your likely to impress is the saturday night car park clan who have nothing better to do than sit around because they dont have the confidence to go to a 'pub' and enjoy normal banter - any other member of the 'joe' public will have one thing on their minds when you sail by psssst'ing away.... let me help, it starts with a 'W' and ends with an 'R'

As you can tell this kind of thing annoys the crapoutta me especially when you take a car that in a lot of peoples opinions, shouldnt be chavved....each to their own but this is one of the main reasons i will be looking to change in the not too distant future

ok.... breath Tim

i love those DV's that make a noise.. especially when a chav drives past and makes it as noisy as possible for me....makes me feel all grown up and makes me chuckle when i think of the loss in power/response he is likely to have JUST so he can pssssssst

tell me if im wrong here but the only people your likely to impress is the saturday night car park clan who have nothing better to do than sit around because they dont have the confidence to go to a 'pub' and enjoy normal banter - any other member of the 'joe' public will have one thing on their minds when you sail by psssst'ing away.... let me help, it starts with a 'W' and ends with an 'R'

As you can tell this kind of thing annoys the crapoutta me especially when you take a car that in a lot of peoples opinions, shouldnt be chavved....each to their own but this is one of the main reasons i will be looking to change in the not too distant future

ok.... breath Tim

Tim....chill

ok.... breath Tim

unfortunately the price of the mk1 now makes it in the reach of the chavs.
theres a few near me (chavs with s3's) annoying to say the least. :banghead:

lol fan i was smiling when i wrote that fella... :thumbsup:

ollie...tisnt good mate, ive been pricing up an 8P but the cost benefit isnt ever a win win situation and would rather wait till they take a bit more of a hit before taking the plunge.... hopefully the chavs will total them before they can ruin them too much

lol fan i was smiling when i wrote that fella... :thumbsup:

ollie...tisnt good mate, ive been pricing up an 8P but the cost benefit isnt ever a win win situation and would rather wait till they take a bit more of a hit before taking the plunge.... hopefully the chavs will total them before they can ruin them too much

yeah ive been looking at the 8p's too but they are still 20K for the oldest ones + the chipping and eveything thats going to be needed.

once they are around 15K i may treat myself. just have to put up with the chavs till then!!...

I think you guys worry too much... Firstly i like the DV noise, but i wouldn't purposely buy one to impress other people. I like my sounds too, and i have expensive and good quality equipment so i enjoy my music more.

Who cares what kind/type of people can afford an S3? I cant believe that you feel you need to buy a newer model because of this, you're the one that will lose out in the end!

Sorry but this is probably what makes me different, but i really think you can not live life thinking like that...

There is no loss of power with the split R fitted , its a valve that works on the 1.8T to give the persons who wish to have some blow off sound withour any impaired performance ...some like it some dont

There is no loss of power with the split R fitted , its a valve that works on the 1.8T to give the persons who wish to have some blow off sound withour any impaired performance ...some like it some dont

Exactly, personal preference just like anything else. I haven't got an uprated DV as yet, but if i was to buy one it would probably be a SplitR valve as it will give me what i want from a DV!
I'll accept jokes about it, purely because i dont really care what other people think especially when they're being negative, but i wont accept that i'd be fitting one of these DV's to impress teenagers loitering in high streets etc, because thats not me. Just like the statement i made regarding the my sound system, i paid for it and no one else did, so its for me only to enjoy!

where abouts in gloucester are you based Forge? i live 10 minutes away in stroud, how much do you sell the splitter R for?

cheers for the positive comments fellas.....

maybe i am a 'wannabe' snob..... maybe not? whos to judge.... ok this is your moment of glory, explain to me what you get from hearing your car make that god awful noise? i understand why you would want a loud sound system if thats your 'thing' as you can use it to play hours of music that YOU like etc etc..... but for a dv to go tssssst....what does it do for you if your not doing it for other people to look at you? does it make it drive better? no.... so why why why??? - better be a good answer or else your cars going on barryboys:eyebrows:

this is your chance to shine, don't lose it:meeting:

The only reason for the uprated DV is to maintain higher boost. I have a Forge 007P and it doesn't make much pssst noise, only faintly.

I fitted a new panel filter this weekend and that made the rushing air noises more pronounced. No difference in power of course. I only fitted it because it got sent through the post to me by JBS as they were out of stock when i got the car remapped

Ian an uprated DV is supposed to outlast the OEM one...thats the selling point from my understanding... maybe a lil tiny bit of throttle response but nothing more.... we are talking about an effective dump valve though..... yes you change ya wheels etc i suppose i see the point...... just cannot see why you would want to pay to make the S3 sound like a fiesta turbo.....

a matter of opinion as most things are

better be a good answer or else your cars going on barryboys:eyebrows:

this is your chance to shine, don't lose it:meeting:

So who am i/we having to justify this too and why? No justification is needed mate, so its probably best to leave it be.
My point was for you to re-read what you were saying...

Hey Yaz, i was asking not requesting fella..... thats the misunderstanding here