An Apprenticeship with Audi...

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Im 18 Years old, and I have been looking for an apprenticeship with a motor company for a while now..
Today i looked at the Audi website and the apprenticeship scheme looks awesome.
I applied today...

Wanted to know if anybody works for Audi or has been an apprentice?
Any advice asuming I get an email or call?
Anyone from the South West aswell?

I snuck the fact that im an Audi owner in the application form just to see if it would help.

Ryan:icon_thumright:

my mate works for audi and he hates it, worst hours in the world. 12 hours a day, 3 days a week, doesnt sound bad, but 1 of those days is a saturday.

I applied at the aylesbury garage a few weeks back and they said to me they arnet employing until this summer, same with VW.

Hope it works out for you though!

my mate works for audi and he hates it, worst hours in the world. 12 hours a day, 3 days a week, doesnt sound bad, but 1 of those days is a saturday.

I applied at the aylesbury garage a few weeks back and they said to me they arnet employing until this summer, same with VW.

Hope it works out for you though!

That sounds like plant/assembly work shift patterns to me! is he working on the line?.

Its a good job if you can get with the VW group! but with a reg Garage don't do Plant work or work on the assembly lines, its fooking boring and the hours are unsocial, that's what they are called unsocial hours shift and skeleton shif mmmmmmm very appealing :rockwoot:

I went thru a similar thing with VW, really really put me off of cars, nothing like doing a hobby for a job. Each to their own tho, Im thankfull to be doing my Aerospace bits now.

In reality all the people on the scheme I knew hated it as well, its not fun, its not easy and its certainly not quick rising, money, respect or knowledge wise.

Just my view tho

[quote

Its a good job if you can get with the VW group! but with a reg Garage don't do Plant work or work on the assembly lines, its fooking boring and the hours are unsocial, that's what they are called unsocial hours shift and skeleton shif mmmmmmm very appealing :rockwoot:[/quote]

Nope he was on the parts desk and was in accounts a bit too, more admin work he was doing, and still those hours.

Did look into this last year....

But managed to land a job at audi as a parts advisor..... sadly it wasnt what i expected and soon quit! Now have a job at another car parts supplier (Non Dealer) which is better! Was an eye opener into how some dealers operate! :sadlike:

I'd hate to work at a dealers! The only perk would be the drive of the odd decent car, but i bet thats left for the supervisors/bosses only!

Good luck though, you've gotta start somewhere!

i went through the vauxhall apprentership program and after qualifying soon left to a inderpendently run place which is where i work now, dealers are good to get the qualification and motor knowledge but crap places to work and crap people to work for,
you will soon learn to hate cars but doesnt mean you will hate yours as i like working on my car (but only my car lol)
money wise its rubbish and dont ever expect to get rich out of fixing cars all mechanics are far under rated for the skills we have,

basiclly if i could start all over again and had some idea of what id like to do other then fixing cars id have never become a mechanic