S3(01) or leon 1.8T4X4(02)

braynov

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is any difference between the two cars, apart from the one in the engine power?

in terms of interior sure, but in terms of mechanics i dont know.
my question is are there differences in suspention, gearbox, brakes, electronic systems, etc...

I was in the same situation recently!

I drove them both and came to the conclusion that the S3 is awesome!

On paper its a much better car too, quicker, 4x4, leather etc etc!

Theres loadsa info on both if you give them a Google

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they didn't make a 4x4 Leon

there is a 4x4 seat , 100% guaranteed.
the audi is quicker for sure, but not much really and it quite a bit more expensive

Never knew you could get a 4x4 leon, always thought they were fwd :shrug:

you can with a 1.8t and 2.8 petrols and with the 150tdi

i am from bulgaria, and here for the same price you can get the seat which would be 3-4 years newer

build quality probally better on the a3

pay the extra go for the audi. :)

what vreally interests me is, are the suspension and brakes of the leon the same as the s3's or as the a3 1.8t(150/180ps) quattro?

I can't remember where I read it, but I think the front suspension and brakes are totally different from the S3. Seat invested a lot of money in developing the front suspension setup to get some decent handling.
Don't know about the rear suspension and brakes, they're probably the same as non quattro A3/golf. I think (again this is from my bad memory rather than something I've just read) that the quattro/4motion models had independant suspension developed to allow for the transmission to the rear wheels, whereas fwd versions have a live rear axle.

I reckon the Leon 4X4 would be 180BHP, and the S3 is obviously 210 or 225BHP... if it's the same money, it has to be S3, unless you need 5 doors.

Everyone on here is bound to suggest the S3...And they're right!

I've never heard of a 4x4 Seat on the UK. Certainly not read about it in any of the mags, therefore i'd stick to the S3

from what i understand the Seat is made with the same pattern parts in a lot of areas, albeit with cheaper materials - the dash is obviously a cheaper copy of the A3/S3's and id guess quite a few other bits will be like the trailing arms etc

brembo brakes would be fitted as standard on the hi spec seats

Now post the same question it the seat forum and see what answers you get!

Bet they all say the Leon....

S£, Did you mean to hold the shift key down when creating your username?

Ah i see! I assume 'S3' was already taken!

Nice car by the way. My fave colour, quite rare!

Ah i see! I assume 'S3' was already taken!

Nice car by the way. My fave colour, quite rare!

I didn't try S3 went straight for S£! As they're not the cheapest cars to maintain,mod,run...!!

And yes Dolphin is the best colour! by far...Everyone knows it they just don't like to admit it!! :laugh:

I fancied that colour but couldn't find any in my budget. Quite glad of silver though as its nice to have something easier to keep clean. The M3 was Black!

Anyway, back on topic...Is this one of those Leon 4x4's? Clearly not a 4x4 for performance reasons. Its Leons version of a Audi All road, Skoda Octavia Scout etc etc!

leon-suv-apr06-02.jpg