Spoiler :)

rickparmar

Reaction score
Hey all,
I got my s3 spoiler 2 day, looks very nice

Now the s3 has 4 bolts

What do you think i should do, cut the bolts off, or go somwhere and have the spoiler actaully bolted to the car ?

If it is glued on, if som1 wanted 2 can then thief the thing.

Spoiler should be on in a couple of weeks, going spain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think most folks simply cut the bolts and glue it on, however, that way I think it only holds to about 220 kph, which I think is why it's bolted on the S3. BUT, to bolt it on, you'll need to have hole drilled in your hatch, and that's not kosher for most people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I would use silicone and cut off the bolts.

If you use enough of the stuff it won't come off for sure.

Just make sure you leave it at least a day to cure properly.

That may you can remove it if you have to.

Rick how much was the spoiler mate and where from if you dont mind me askin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTC, what type of silicone, shall i do this myself?

Paid £50 for the spoiler /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif got it from a scappy, Best thing to do, jus keep looking, and look in back of autotrader

The silicone I use is the stuff used for fitting windows. My brother fit windows for a living so I get loads of the stuff for free.

Any how, you want the "low-modulus" stuff. Preferable clear in colour as this is loads stronger than "high-modulus" stuff and the bathroom selant type.

I've used this many a time for lots of different projects. you can use it for sealing gaskets on engines holes in trim blah blah.........sounds sad, but I love this stuff!! :)

The type I use is made by "Wurth" you can get it from window fitting places. Or decent DIY shops.

u fancy sending 1 tube tru the post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hey rick - fancy getting some before, during and after pics for us all? I really fancy one at the moment too - did u manage to find one in the same colour as your motor? or does it need spraying?

cheers

rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea i will do, but will have 2 wait a bit, goin spain on sunday. no different colour is was green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif i need black.

It looks so good, i jus rested it on top of the car, it puts a BIG smile on ur face.

Just waitin 4 my armrest now

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
Yea i will do, but will have 2 wait a bit, goin spain on sunday. no different colour is was green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif i need black.

It looks so good, i jus rested it on top of the car, it puts a BIG smile on ur face.

Just waitin 4 my armrest now

[/ QUOTE ]

Spain on Sunday? Wouldn't be to Barcelona by any chance??

lol, am goin malaga, costa del sol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif how long u goin 4

Only going for 7 days. The festival is tree days, but I thought I'd have a few more in the sun.

Can't go for longer........flamin work commitments :-(

Enjoy your holiday.

[ QUOTE ]
neil.c said:
How many days is "tree" days? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!

Its "three" but with an Irish accent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

if you're going to canary island you can visit me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif you're welcome.
I also fitted the s3 spoiler, however mine was from s3-tuning and took it to arrive half a year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

This weekend i fitted the armrest!!! Vagparts Armrest!!! excelent service, very glad with them after my first bad experience buying throught internet (a spoiler to a company which i'll not mention again) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaTFiSH said:
I also fitted the s3 spoiler, however mine was from s3-tuning and took it to arrive half a year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

All I hear is BAD reports about dealing with them which is a right pain in the butt coz I'm looking at a rear bumpa from them.............BUGGA! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif