Help!! Alarm Malfunction

nickrex

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone can shed some light on this one. I went to lock my car as usual with the key fob, walked away and twenty seconds or so later (when it trys to arm I assume) the alarm goes off. Ive tried it many times now even locking it using the key itself and every time it goes off. Both doors activate the interior light as usual when opened so the car knows when the doors are shut or not. Luckily its kept in the garage at night and dont use it for work so is safe. Dodgy sensor maybe? Otherwise until I find the cause, is there anyway to lock the car without arming the alarm? Help appreciated on this one.
Many thanks and a good Christmas to you all.

If you arent getting anthting on the dis about open doors etc it could be the bonnet catch?

Or it could be the internal monitor sensors. These can be switched off by the button on the bottom of the pillar where the seatbelt is. But you have to press this button each time you arm it.

A vag com will flag up what causes the alarm to go off so if you clear your fault codes you will find the culprit

Have you ever replaced the alarm |?

OK I've just noticed that the LED in the passenger door doesn't blink after arming. I seem to recall there being a microswitch or something inside the door card. Could this be a possible cause?

I think you have answered your problem,cold and hot weather seem to affect this switch so the car thinks the doors open,on my car the interior light stays on which is a giveaway that its not working properly

The interior lights go on and off as they should with the door and the DIS also shows an open door as normal. I just thought that the lack of a flashing passenger LED may indicate a problem.