Who sells seperate coliovers?

Mr.Blonde

Reaction score
Hi,im after just a pair of rear coilovers,who sells just seperate coilovers?...or what are the best dampers to fit?,i have H&R springs at mo and want to drop it so the wheels are meeting the arches??..cheers:sorry:

gaz?..is that for the dampers or do they sell seperate coilovers mate?...what about spax dampers (vsx)??

gaz?..is that for the dampers or do they sell seperate coilovers mate?...what about spax dampers (vsx)??

spax vs GAZ, no contest...GAZ wins hands down for me. ANd they are not far from you ;) they are in Basildon iirc.

oh sweet basildon.i will have to pay them a vist!.

Hi,i emailed GAZ to enquire about the rear coilovers and this is what they said?..

"Steve,
The Audi A3 rear dosen't have a coilover on the rear & you cannot fit one as the mounting points are not strong enough & their isn't enough room.

Regards,
Mark Gazzard"

So how are the rears set up when you buy a coilover kit??..

they have a normal damper but the spring sits on a cup type thing that is ajustable:salute:

I Have H&R springs on already,so could i use that adaptor to wind the springs a bit?...i do have the adaptor to!...and just get upgraded dampers??

you would need to get short springs that are ment to be used with them, i'm sure gaz could sort u out with them!:salute:

whats the difference between the short springs and lowered springs then?

the springs are made to be used with ajuster any other springs will not work with them!

yeah i have tryed to sell my kit mate,but im not %100 sure what it will fit?.as i got it off ebay.the rear is not the right set up for mine.i have been told its for a 4wd set up.so i think ill sell the rears seperate to the front as i think the fronts are correct for mine but are not right for a 4wd set up!..so im just looking for the rear colovers.i have thought about putting the front coilovers on and just fitting uprated shocks on the rear with my h&r springs??

A far as I know the diameter for the 4WD spring is smaller and will not fit 2WD, so that sounds like pub talk. Many kits seem to put the **** in the air on the A3.

There will be numbers on the springs. You can cross reference them with H&R for what they fit.

Yeah i know the rear set up wont work on a 4wd set up.so what springs wil lower my car quiet a bit then?..like say 40mm?..the real prob i have is this coilover kit i have!..it wont fit my audi,but i think it may be for the Quattro/s3.but the kit dont have any numbers that i can look up etc.i may have to pop down to amd and show them the kit and see what they say.??..

Oh sweet,thanks for that.ill prob go with the weitec ones and sell my H&R springs.shame tho,ive only just fitted these springs.

i would ask about FK Sport Edition Plus coilovers.. they can be bought rear only and are dampening (both rebound and compression) adjustable... you can get the rear collar, springs and dampers for a good price for sure!

I have the whole set up on my car, and couldnt be happier.

oh really.where did you get them coilovers johnny?..gaz keep telling me that you cant get coilovers for the rear??..its just dampers and springs that they do on they kits??..